2 Bears on a rock

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BillA

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
From The Middle of everywhere Alice Springs![8D]
I have aN AUTHENTIC Mint Condition 2 Bears on a Rock multi coloured Pot Lid dug up on an old Cobb & Co site in Central Queensland in 1978, I have heard that they are being reproduced in the UK; one sold for $100au recently

Does anyone know the real value of an authentic 2 Bears on a Rock Pot Lid?[:-]

Many thanks[:D]

Gidday

Reaction score
Please post detailed close up images front and back to confirm vintage. Plenty of the newer ones on ebay.

BillA

Reaction score
Hello Gidday,

Please send me an email and I will send you the Authentic Photos of my Authentic
Pot Lid[8D] dug up at an old [8D]Cobb & Co site[8D] in central Queensland.[:-]

Go here to seee them and the old Irish Mist Bottle circa 1750.

http://faithfulandtruecom.com/antique-bottles.html

Kindest regards

Gidday

Reaction score
Bill,

You have my email and have already sent me those images, that prompted my last post! An 1750s irish bottle does not fit well within australian history. Do you have any images of this dig in alice?

BillA

Reaction score
Hello Gidday,

Where do you live? apparently you do not know anything about Cobb & Co

The bottle & The Pot Lid have been and are Authentic, I asked the price noy all what you have been posting tyo mein reply I wanted to know the value of the authentic pieces.

Also every bottle dug up in ant location around the world does not come from there.
Thanks anyway someone will realise what I am asking here:

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hello BillA
A search on google for 'Irish Mist Liquer Company' will turn up a few useful bits of information - for example at the following website:
http://www.offalyhistory.com/content/reading_resources/tullamore/tmore_walk.htm
"Irish Mist Liquer Co. Ltd.
East of the bonded warehouse are the attractive offices of the Irish Mist Liquer Co. Ltd, erected in 1966-7. The whiskey-based liquer has been manufactured here since the late 'forties and is now exported to over 100 countries. Visitors are welcome at the company's office after 3 p.m. each day."

There is also a bit of information available on Tullamore Dew Irish Whisky and Irish Mist at http://www.tullamore-dew.org/whiskeyhistory.htm - this is the official site for Tullamore Dew and indicates that Irish Mist was launched in 1948.

From the appearance of the bottle it would appear to fit in with these dates, i.e. 1940's-1960's; the reference to 1750 is more for a marketing/selling point rather than when the actual bottle was made.

The '2 bears on the rock' pot lid was issued in the 1860's (flat top) and reissued in the 1890's (slightly domed shaped) - hard to put a definitive price. Merlin's Antiques had one example listed for sale at $350 US - refer to their website http://pages.merlinantiques.com/5072/PictPage/1333317.html while another auction site had one estimated 70-90 GB Pounds. The earlier issues are generally rarer and worth more.

Hope this info is of assistance.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

BillA

Reaction score
Hello Dirranbandi,

Many thanks for your info, I have already checked out the Irish Mist sites you mentioned, but could not find any trace of a ceramic flask! I will check again!

I will check out the Pot Lid site, on your info mine would probably be the 1890 version as it has a very slightly domed top, it is a beatiful Pot Lid.

Thanks again Dirranbindi

Gidday

Reaction score
Bill, seems this savy of emails is to source a free valuation. Please refer to ebay for a more recent price than quoted at individuals sites above. I am a born a bread aussie and am very well aware of our history. Welcome to the hobby.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum