found gold in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncbred

Reaction score
Who was the first person that decided to eat mushrooms that grew out of Black Angus cow pies? I seriously wonder how that fad started.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I saw a show not too long ago "Bizzare Foods" on the travel channel. They were in North Carolina looking for local foods. One guy had this spot where he got all kinds of crazy mushrooms. One that when ground, you could make "coffee" out of, I can't remember them all, but it's something I would not feel brave enough to try hunting myself, even with experience.
Those morels do look delicious. I stick to the crimini (baby bella) in the supermarket, because I didn't pick them lol and they have a great flavor. They're great with steak. Here's my recipe:
Cut off the stems of the mushrooms. Saute some olive oil and butter (be generous, they will soak it up like a sponge), with garlic, some chopped parsley or Italian herbs of your choice, but just a little. Add some coarse salt, fresh ground pepper and then the mushrooms. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Saute them until they get a little soft. Then, add a can of beef broth (I like Campbell's Condensed). Just cook it for a few minutes. Serve it with steak or whatever you like. It's pretty garlicky, but I've even eaten it the next day as kind of a soup. Dunk some bread in and you're good to go.

glass man

Reaction score
I KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT LOBES! I HAD A FRIEND THAT LOVED TO EAT CLOVES OF IT TOO AND I SWEAR I WAS 20 FT. DOWN WIND OF HIM. wHEN HE SPOKE IN BOUT A SECOND I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA THROUGH UP![:)] I LOVE IT TOO THOUGH,BUT LIKE YOU SAID THERE CAN BE TOO MUCH OF A GREAT THING,MAYBE NOT GOING DOWN ,BUT COMING OUT,UP,AROUND!

capsoda

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as too much garlic?

No! There is not. Garlic is one of Gods greatest creations and so are mushrooms and black olives.

If you want to pick mushrooms and not have to worry about which is poison, get yourself a pet pig. A pig will not eat a poiaon mushroom and they can smell them out for you.

Survival school says "You art not Chef Tell so stay away from Mushrooms".

ncbred

Reaction score
I fondly remember my dear old grand pops (RIP) when he had to take garlic pills. If you've ever smelled a 70 year old hot and sweaty man on garlic pills then you would know there is a such thing as too much garlic.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah that "Bizzare foods" is crazy I saw one where he was eating rotten tofu and he couldn't get it down,then he ate 1000 year old eggs that guy is nutz! I love that show

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah he is as unsavory as the foods he eats. I wonder why they never show him with food poisoning on any of the shows. Had to have happened. I should have guessed the garlic pills made you smell like it. I was going to try them once because the box promised you wouldn't smell like garlic. Glad I didn't. I LOVE pickled garlic. I hardly ever eat it because it makes me smell so bad lol. Ask Joe.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Just Dig it

George ...are there any good mushroom hunting forums or resources? so i could read up some more..I am always down for a good treasure hunt. also do you know if they sell the spores online and you can seed areas? I just dont want to end up eating the wrong fungus..and waking up on GlassMan (Jamie's) porch with that cat he lost in the summer of love..and listen to his dog talk about politics again..[;)]
NO NO MAN,YOU AIN'T GOTTA BE ON NO PORCH! YOU ARE WELCOMED ON THE SPACE SHIP![8D] NO RICK MAN IT WAS A GOOD LONG TIME AGO I DID THAT![WASN'T IT?] TO BE HONEST I HATE PSYCHADELLIC DRUGS! WHEW THEY CAN TAKE YOU PLACES YOU NEVER WANTED TO GO AND SEE THINGS YOU NEVER WANTED TO SEE. KINDA LIKE REAL LIFE ONLY CONCENTRATED INTO A 8-14 HOUR TIME FRAME! JUST LISTEN TO THE SONGS "MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO COME" THREE DOG NIGHT OR " THE ACID QUEEN" THE WHO. WOULD NOT RECOMEND THEM TO NO ONE. I WAS 15 WHEN I FIRST DID ACID AND FELT I LOST A LOT OF INNOCENCE SOME HOW. JAMIE

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I found these under a Granny Smith apple tree. After they are fried and eaten , would I enjoy the great fare, with wine, no less, or burp and see walls on the bare bug things, and fall in a stupor or die like Granny Smith?

5E1475C0B35B436B9DC241EF590A1277.jpg

Attachments

• 5E1475C0B35B436B9DC241EF590A1277.jpg
    5E1475C0B35B436B9DC241EF590A1277.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 74

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky