Me and that KU-10 the last word did I do right

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
A while ago I was faced with problem of two auctions same day. At one there was this killer bottle. And at the other was three super rare S.C. crown tops from my home town. I opted for the home bottles and paid the wopping price of 730.00 for the three. Yes crown tops now I got got 2 of 5 known 1 of 5 known and 1 of I don't know how many,but not many. One of the reasons I did not attend was that I knew that skull would bring a mint. Well I don't know every thing. Well a few weeks ago looking through the bay ya know what I saw? Yep that bottle. It sold for 1,250.00,not bad. And what did it sell for at the auction I didn't attend? 150.00 make me sick dollars,I thought Paula was gonna shoot me. She said I had best speak no more about it. Now all I need is some one to tell me I done the right thing,after all they were hometown bottles, hmmmmm 730.00 vs 150.00 hmmmm. Oh well

428753C7438D41A0AC572AD5F7435F0B.jpg

Attachments

• 428753C7438D41A0AC572AD5F7435F0B.jpg
    428753C7438D41A0AC572AD5F7435F0B.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 76

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I always like to remind myself that the high bidder at an auction may not have stopped at the price they got something. If you were there to bid against them it may have brought a $1,000!

capsoda

Reaction score
Home town bottles are always great especally if they are RARE. I would have done the same thing and my wife would have been pissed cause she is a cobalt freak.

epgorge

Reaction score
Something to be proud of and pass down to the ungrateful children so they can sell it on fleabay to buy a hot tub for the backyard of the house you co-signed for, after your dust.

Lobey, Your killing me here...[:)][8D][:D]

Osiah,
The only thing that stands out on that poison is the chip, to me. I do like hometown bottles and collect them myself. I paid $122 something for that Carpenters Grip Syrup, knowing Matt had it leisted for $46. The value was more to you so you paid it. I find nothing wrong with that.

Anyay don't worry. If you worry you die. If you don't worry, you die. So, why worry. Enjoy showing the locals those bottles.

digdug

Reaction score
I think going to the auction to buy the local bottles was a good decision. Like an earlier post said-if you would have been there-the price probably would have gone up-2 people bidding against each other.
And in answer to Lobeycat- I don’t get this “If it isn’t what I collect it is crap†attitude among some bottle collectors. I’ve been on a few digs with a group and someone will always start breaking bottles, because in their opinion, it is worthless. If you collect Rembrandt art, because you feel his work is truly divine art, but hate Picasso art because “it looks like he failed Kindergarten art class and his paintings/drawings look as if he finger painted with both hands tied behind his back†, that doesn’t give you a right to destroy any Picasso art you see to prevent someone else from wasting time or money on it. It is all a matter of taste and preference.
I’ve learned. I think the Commemorative Coca-Cola bottles that have been made from the 1970’s to now are worthless, but there are people who pay some big bucks for them. I had talked to some people about Commemorative bottles and learned some things about them. I bought a 75th Anniversary Coke bottle at a flea market for $6 and sold it for $350! I don’t collect them, but now I do buy them and sell them to help me get more spending $$ for the bottles I collect.
Why can't we all just get along???
m16.gif

epgorge

Reaction score
If i saw a box on the side of the road with a sign that read extremly rare one of a kind crown tops, please give a good home, I'd swerve across three lanes of oncoming traffic doing 85 and run them down, just to prevent some innocent person, from ruining their lives with them.

Remember Lobe, WWJD

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Man, I got two good laughs[:D][:D] right after lunch!!!!!! Humor is the best medicine, lobey I don't always agree with you, and I don't completely now, but that was damn funny! It's a good thing in my opinion, everyone's different - would be boring otherwize.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
And for Pat's sake, local bottles mean a lot to me, they're part of the local history that I love delving into and I find that just as interesting as beautiful national glass and craftsmanship.

epgorge

Reaction score
this is only a well informed hunch that, J would mash his foot down on mine
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:)][;)][:D][&:][8D]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I can't put things as eloquently as Lobes! But I too would have opted for the Skull Poison! The thing is Pat, are you happy with the deal that went down? That's all that matters. Gunsmoke47, Zane, Cap and Lobey don't make a damn. It's what makes you happy![;)] Besides, you got some crown tops that no one else will have unless you sell them to them!![:D] Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado