Went to buy some bottles and got this.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

huffmnd

Reaction score
That seems to be in pretty good condition. This is just a guess, I am not an expert on them but I would imagine that it is in the $20 to $30 range. But again it is just a guess.

dizzy

Reaction score
ive never seen one the same as mine i have looked every where on the net thats why i thaught it might be worth alot more but thank you for taking time to reply
s2.gif

huffmnd

Reaction score
You are welcome. Straight razor collectors usually go for certain types of razors. It depends on the name. The condition. What the handle is made of . Whether it is plastic , celluloid, bakelite, bone, ivory or silver. The decoration on the handle means alot and so does the decoration on the blade. Yours does have a good decorated blade and that is a plus.Again I am no expert on them, I am only stating what I look for myself. If you do a completed listing search on ebay you should get a good general idea. Then on the other hand timing is everything when it comes to ebay. If you find 2 collectors that just happen to be looking for what you have it may just do a bit better. I hope that this helps. Oh and one other thing to keep in mind is how much do you like it? When it comes to collecting anything, the market value of anything doesn't matter. If you like it THAT is really what is important.

LC

Reaction score
Hello huffmnd, I have never been able to do too well with straight razors on eBay when it comes to prices. I have quite a few of them , but do not care to list them there anymore. I have listed quite a few razors there, many of which were very nice ones. Of course with the medeocore ones you can expect that, being they do not hold much value. I put a pretty nice one with a nude woman on the handle once, and it brought if I remember right $22.50 or in that neighborhood, thought it should have brought a good bit more. But as you say, with eBay , it is all in the timing, you have to the right combination of people at the same time to see it and want it. eBay is a funny place, I put a wood straight razor on there that I made with not the workmanship involved in it as the one shown below and it brought $57.00 ! Go figure.

6205BAF35EDF404291AA3404FBB1E48A.jpg

Attachments

• 6205BAF35EDF404291AA3404FBB1E48A.jpg
    6205BAF35EDF404291AA3404FBB1E48A.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 74

passthebottle

Reaction score
Interesting thread on straight razors and after watching the movie " Sweeny Todd" remembered that I have one stashed away somewhere and decided to find it, well I did find it and here it is:

053CEE57C8854E248BD623BEED4B3C6E.jpg

Attachments

• 053CEE57C8854E248BD623BEED4B3C6E.jpg
    053CEE57C8854E248BD623BEED4B3C6E.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 66

glass man

Reaction score
Is there a way to date a razor.I know they were used for a very long time,my grandfather died in 1976 and he prefered a razor over any other shaver. JUSTdidn't want to change with the times I guess,but he said you got a closer shave with a straight razor. I think I still have a personalised shaving mug some where in this junk house. Of course ocupational mugs can go for a lot of money.BEware there are a lot of repos.I would have had to buy those razors too, HUFFMAN,they are very cool!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi