How many bottle diggers are in PA??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mattkoz

Reaction score
Just was wondering how many bottle diggers are in PA?? I dig in PA and i live in southeast PA and have found a couple of bottle dumps here.So the poll is how many PA diggers are there???Starting to do post without my dad.Oh and i'm only 12yrs old. Maybe the youngest bottle hunter in PA[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

richf

Reaction score
Hi Matt,
Lots of bottle diggers here in PA!
I started when I was 12 and, in southeast PA. Still at it all these years later ... it's a great hobby.

Lilacpa

Reaction score
I live in Pa, and I have been getting my neice & nephew into bottle collecting he's 13 and she is 9. they love it!!

bottlediger

Reaction score
Im a pa digger and probly me and my 2 other buddies from pa dig the most out of all the pa boys just cuz we are bums. I am 24 now and have been diggin hard since i was 9. i try to dig about 4 times a week, some times its 7 days a week sometimes its only 2 but ya do what ya can do.

take care
Ry

Digger George

Reaction score
There are hundreds of diggers in PA, but only a few on this forum. We are all bums. Southeast PA is loaded with dumps.

corrybottles

Reaction score
Here from Northwestern Pa. 7 miles from NY. line. Have to try and get out more.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
PA here to. I like Georges & Rys answer we are all BUMS! bhahahahaha!!!!!!!! word.....I started when I was 15 IM 47 now I have been a bum most of my life, I don't dig 4 to 7 times a week like Ry does my back wouldn't make it[:mad:], but on week ends I try to hit it when there is something to hit. Rick[/align]

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Matt, there are many Pa diggers as you can see. From the forums I’ve been on PA is always well represented. Ohio also seems to have a bunch of diggers. Many other states, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Massachusetts, Maine, Wisconsin, Michigan, and California to name a few rank right up there. I’m sure we are everywhere, the ones we don’t hear from either don’t feel like sharing or are smart enough to keep quiet. Just kidding mind you. I also was bestruck with the fortunes of having gotten into the hobby about your age. Always interested in nature and picking up rocks and arrowheads at a very young age bottles were an easy attraction. Though I am getting older they help keep me young at heart. I’m not going to GEEZ about how easy it was to find stuff back then but tell you there is plenty out there still to be found. I now search from northern Maryland where I grew up to southeast PA where I live now. Besides PA don’t forget when you are on vacation to try and find some bottles. There is lots of information out there, read up all you can and drag your Dad out with you, it’s good for him. Have fun digging and see if you can get him to take you to the bottle show at Shupp’s Grove coming up in July, Lewes Delaware in September or the Baltimore show next March.

Mattkoz

Reaction score
Its not my dad that we have to drag with us,its my brother, he says the hobby is BORING[>:][>:][>:][>:]I could go evry 2 days but my brother hates it i could make a list of insulting things he says about bottle digging.The reson i did this post is because i wanted to hook up togather and go dig in a bottle dump near me(1860-1890s)Anyone interested please reply and tell me where you live.I live in landsdown,deleware county. mattkoz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado