Sure-Seal Vase Form Pickle Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Howdy all, this is my first post, although I have been lurking for a while. Great site for checking out what is out there. I thought I would start my posts here by presenting my pride & joy, and the biggest mystery in my collection. I've been a bottle nut for a few years, and living in the N.Cal. Motherlode boonies, I get to pursue my addiction in an ideal place for it. This beauty was found in a junk-store! and bought for $60!! It's a Sure-Seal, vase-form pickle, in a light rose color. Ground lip, embossed parrot & leaves. Not a repro. It's perfect except for two small dinks on the inner lip where someone nicked the glass fishing out pickles with a set of tongs. I've been offered a lot more than $60 for it, many times, but I really don't know exactly what it might be worth. Apparently it's very rare.....anyone want to hazard a guess to it's current value? Thanks & keep on digging...

http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL468/2247475/4933598/62676092.jpg

Jh14631.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14631.jpg
    Jh14631.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 107

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum !
Looks like a Goofus pickle to me.
But , then again I'm not a pickle expert .
I don't have any reference material on Goofus glass . But , I'm sure a forum member on here does. Anybody on the forum have any Goofus reference material ?
Is it embossed with Sure seal on it anywhwere ? Brian

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
So was the one you sold for $25 rose colored, 11-3/4" tall, with a ground lip?

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Yes the large size, the Rose coloration , and also the parrot /rose design makes yours better than the average Joe . It's not a 3000.00 Cobalt . But it is a nice looking
Pickle for sure ! Brian

kastoo

Reaction score
Gees..looks like just a vase to me but I'm a newbie! I need to look at some books I just bought. Bet I have passed these at yard sales and such. Bet I won't once I know what to look for. Thanks for sharing!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu