y in privies?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigghouse

Reaction score
my mom wants to now why they would put botles in privies? does anyone no i dont really care but she does

anna

capsoda

Reaction score
There are alot of reasons. Grand pop is out there polishing of the last of a bottle of Old Gut Ripper Whiskey and don't want Grand Maw to know and plop it goes in the hole.

Some people kept there meds on a shelf in the outhouse and when empty down the bottle went and then there are always children throwing stuff in there for laughs.

Then there is always the accidental "There goes my watch" drop.

I dug one and got nothing bt oysters shells and straight sidded Cokes, 26 of them.
I'd say who ever put them there didn't want someone to know they were addicted to them so they hid in the out house and got a buzz. Cant explain all the oyster shells.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
You dont care? mabey your mom should sign up hahaha ok here is my list of why they toss bottles in a outhouse hole.

1. there was no trash pick up and the hole was the best place to dump trash.and the only place in a city or town,where all the homes where close togather.in the country thay had the woods to dump the trash.

2. thay dumped bottles in the pit to create air pockets so the poop would brake down,(not stink so bad).and turn semi solid.(I read that some where).

3 Its human nature to toss things in a hole,so in went what ever.

4 when someone was on the pot ,things fell out of there pockets.coins pockets watches ect.

5 husband was drinking ohhhh!! gezzz here comes the wife!! in went that beer bottle. oh cap said that[8D][8D]

there is more im sure but number 1 is the best answer. Rick

craigc90

Reaction score
all of those reasons and also they used the junk for plain old fill when they were done with a pit.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac