Keene masonic Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is a new toy I picked up![8D] Being that I am a stonemason I just had to get it! lol The specimen is in super shape. The embossing is a little light but I can live with it... It least it says KEENE...[:)] Happy diggn! Taz

Ro41571.jpg

Attachments

• Ro41571.jpg
    Ro41571.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 105

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Taz...

I'm so envious!!!!

It was this particular flask that I got screwed on in an ebay auction (see SCAM forum)...

Someday I hope to own one of these; it's up there on my wishlist... Nice flask!!!

Ron

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Ron thanks! Here are a couple more flasks. These are stoddard. The olive colored double eagle is a tad better then common variety, this specimen has a X embossed in the oval, a mold variant. The larger stoddard in the rear was dug here in Maine about two months ago by my friend Peter Samuelson, he digs em I buy em.... I read about the bottle you bought 100 bucks for a cracked one???? I only paid 120 for my specimen and its flawless... Does yours have the words KEENE or is it spelt like KCCNC The messed up letter mold variant goes higher almost double.... Taz

Xu62554.jpg

Attachments

• Xu62554.jpg
    Xu62554.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 101

bearswede

Reaction score
Taz...

The story is even sadder than you imagine! I'm pretty sure the cracked flask was embossed "Keene", but I can't check to see 'cause not only did the guy wind up with the money (he refused to refund me), but he got the flask when I returned it per his instructions on ebay... He probably patched it up and resold it... The only bright spot in this whole sad affair is that the guy is no longer a member of ebay... I don't know if it was a voluntary separation or he was asked to leave, but it's some vindication...

P.S. nice little flask collection... I'll have to post a pic of the Lowell Railroad/Eagle flask I picked up on my trip tp Maine last month...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
As promised here are some pics of that Lowell Railroad/Eagle flask... Embossing is a bit weak, but I DO love that eagle pose...

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all...

Peace,

Ron

Mk27078.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27078.jpg
    Mk27078.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 103

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Sweet one Ron... I will trade you 2 Bakers and a Hires for that one!!! [:D] Seriously though it looks like a new england made specimen... What did you pay and what does the pontil look like? Nice stuff!! Taz

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Taz...

Here's a photo of the base... I got it at Austin's Antiques on Route 4 in NH... He always seems to have a nice little selection of bottles, often Stoddard-blown... He was asking $225, and took $200...

Ron

Yw68418.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Yw68418.jpg
    Yw68418.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 103

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis