1876 Knight & McDonough

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jsullivan25

Reaction score
I have a bottle. It is a BIM with blob top. On the front is has 1876 KNIGHT & McDONOUGH around FIRST AND HENDERSON J.C. on the back it has in large block letters K McD on the bottom it has NEVER SOLD. it is about the size of a beer bottle. I am guessing that it may have been thrown overboard from one of the ferry's that ran from Boston to Nantasket in the summers before the turn of the century. My son was walking around in the mud flats one day when the tide was really low and picked it up. I wonder if anyone has any information on this bottle. It could be a great conversation piece.

Vt57007.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57007.jpg
    Vt57007.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 97

jsullivan25

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. what makes you think it's a soda bottle? any idea where i can try to get more info?

Pontiled

Reaction score
Just a quick coment...

"J.C." usually means Jersey City. It is an early soda from the late 1870's through 1880's.

jsullivan25

Reaction score
Now that is help. I was wondering what the JC was. Thought it might be a Holy Roller beer. No, seriously should I be looking for Knight and McDonough or First and Henderson? This is a photo of the other side of the bottle.

Us54840.jpg

Attachments

• Us54840.jpg
    Us54840.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 89

diggerjeff

Reaction score
here is a link to a bottle club in nj . these local people might be able to answer more questions .
http://www.geocities.com/dtripet2000/index.html

i like the back view better . its a real nice keeper bottle. much nicer than the first i ever found. good luck !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac