Are there fake straight sided Coke bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
Bottlenutboy,

I just sent you an email with the bottles.

I'm headed out to a flea market to see what i can find, talk to you guys when i get back.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
There's one amber SS Coke I am aware of...it's from Knoxville Tenn, was made in the 70's and has a mouth so narrow you can barely get yer little finger in it...[/align] [/align]Another Commemorative/RepRo, from the 70's (I think), is the amber Jackson Tenn with Arrow that has fooled some people...and been passed on as authentic. It is lighter in weight than the original. I can't recall the other ways to ID, other than it's obviously "modern made."[/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
The Knoxville Tenn is a repRo...made by the same guys that faked the Masons patent 1858 jars back in the late 60's...

The Jackson Tenn is a Commemorative and a repro of the old Coke...why else are sellers able to pass them off as authentic??
Thanks for reminding me about the other ways to ID the Jackson.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
Whiskeyman,

Have you ever heard of J.A. Withers Distillery Allenville Missouri?

I collect all Allenville stuff, but I have a nice Whiskey jug from Allenville, and a shot glass for that distillery too.

Just wondering if you had heard of it?

whiskeyman

Reaction score
SHOWME...no, I haven't. I see mostly Eastern bottles around here. And my "whiskey" focus is mainly on local/regional .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis