PERRINE'S APPLE Bitters question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treasurekidd

Reaction score
I was in a local antique shop the other day and saw a beautiful green bottle embossed "PERRINE'S APPLE GINGER", with a lot of other embossing I can't remember. At first, I thought repro, but this bottle had a weird copper sheath on it. The copper sheathing covered the base, ran up the sides and covered the neck. All you could see was the lip and the side panels. Has anyone ever seen one of these with a copper jacket like this (wish I had a pic!).

What info I could find tells me there was an original, and several repros with both the Perrine's and Berring's (Wheaton) name made of this bottle. What should I look for to tell it's an original?? Please keep in mind that I can't see the base because of the copper sheathing. They want $40 for it, which I'll gladly pay if it's original, but my newbieness keeps telling me to be careful. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice on this one!!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
TREASUREKID...hmmm...difficult query ya have there. No pix and a "common" description. That said:[/align]I know of no Perrines with a copper jacket. It's a good guess someone added it after the fact. [/align] [/align]If the bottle in the jacket looks like the one in the 1st link, it's most likely original. But the copper jacket could be hiding damage.[/align]The 2nd link is to a no longer valid eBay auction for an original Perrines ( I presume) as there is no pic available.[/align]The 3rd & 4th links are to Wheaton/Nuline reproduction Perrines...[/align]Hope this helps you make up your mind, as I cannot advise you to purchase, based on what little is known about your bottle.[/align] [/align].http://www.jeffnholantiquebottles.com/webpages/Item4256.html[/align] [/align] [/align]

Fancy PERRINE APPLE Ginger BITTERS type med bottle OLD [/align]10/15/2005 $330.00[/align] [/align]PERRINE'S COBALT APPLE GINGER GLASS BITTERS BOTTLE - (item ...[/align] [/align] [/align]http://www.antiquebottles.com/rl/bitters/PerrineApple.jpg[/align] [/align]

[/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
2nd link doesn't work....oh well...Not that important anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac