Is this digital camera a good buy?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bluebelle

Reaction score
I read the previous post about the digitals too. Local dept store is having an "early bird special" tomorrow on a Canon Powershot A310, 3.2 MP, 5.1 digital zoom, 3 min movie mode, for $140. They say its reg. price is $250 (probably over priced since its a dept. store.) Am trying to get as much input as I can before I go tomorrow with credit card in hand to line up. Thanks!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Bluebelle-

I use a Canon Powershot A70 and have been very pleased with the quality and performance. With the price you listed I'd say that's a good buy.

-Sam

IRISH

Reaction score
I've got a Canon powershot A75, I find it easy to use and it takes really good photo's most of the time (probably all the time when I work out how to use it properly [:D] ).

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I've decided not to get this particular one because it doesn't have optical zoom - just learned about the difference between digital and optical zoom. My film cameras have zooms and I don't think I'd be comfortable without it.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
it is hard to find a good low $ digital with a good opticle zoom. digital zoom is worthless!!!! try looking at the olympus line . there "d series " cameras have up to 10x opticle. i have an olympus and am very happy with it. be prepaired to shell out $ 400.00 or so if you want a good opticle zoom.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky