Come on get in the truck and ride w/ me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigghouse

Reaction score
i was wondering with all those creaks u have by if u ever found any bottles in them.

exspeccially by the mill!!

the poor chickens!!!!
1. they get hatched and live in cramed places
2. they get fead super food to make them fat.
3. they either get a heart attack or get killed.
4. they get turned into furtilizer

i'm glad i'm not a chicken!!
RIP chickens
hope u get the worms out of the hay!!

anna

wonkapete

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! Reminds me of GreenvilleGeorgiana, AL, where my family is from. I will take pics next time I'm up that way. My grandfather had 3 chicken houses too. They are all gone except one, I think.

capsoda

Reaction score
My cousin Charles used to own some production houses. Had to help him one winter when he was startin up. Got super cold over in DeFuniak Springs, FL and my job was to keep the heaters lit all night so the bitties wouldn't freeze and to keep them from bunchin up under the brooder lamps.

Raised some chickens myself when I was single and first out of the Air Force. Sold alot of jumbo brown eggs for a buck a dozen to folks or 75 cents to stores. Bought cartons by the bunk and set up a sizing/grading lab with a washer. Had about 200 chickens that I used for laying and sold settin eggs, layin hens and prize roosters around the area. Love them domineckers, new hampshers and plymouths. Sold some real big prize roosters. Did pretty good with them too. Also had some quail for pickling eggs and meat.

I got the wife some geese, about 20, no telling how many chickens and ducks.She also had about 60 guineas, a few turkeys, a peacock named Georgie, a couples of reas, 4 emus, 2 goats, 5 horses and a mix of dogs and cats. She also had a canadian snow goose and two wild mallards fly in a stay and a wild albino turkey that came to live with us. They did a write up in the Pensacola News Journal about he. The bird lady of Seminole, Al.

capsoda

Reaction score
Here are the pics and as much of the article as I could scan and reduce to fit. She said I couldn't eat any of them cause they were pets but a few hit the pan anyway.
You can see the reas, the male showing out for the camera and Cindy holding Huey the lead gander. You can also se some turkeys, ducks and a big plymouth rock rooster at her feet.

A332563EA8234337B236A154D1F26AC9.jpg

Attachments

• A332563EA8234337B236A154D1F26AC9.jpg
    A332563EA8234337B236A154D1F26AC9.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 70

logueb

Reaction score
Great story Pat. There is a lot of work that goes into raising animals, I'll stick to the 8 to 5. I used to pick up eggs we sold at the store from the egg farm. Those folks were always working, very long hours.
Cap, I used to raise chickens and ducks. Kinda got burned out on it and sold and gave away what I had. Too many people in town have dogs that are not penned up. Dogs chickens, and ducks do not mix. Better to get rid of the animals that feud with neighbors when their dogs sport kill your chickens and ducks. Do you still keep all them critters?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac