crock repair

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
I got er all taped up with some elmers, easy clean up and dissolves in water when it comes time for a real repair! I'll post a pic of it once I get the tape off, it was worth saving...

Gotta love the bondo, works good for fixing old rusty bulkhead doors too... Why pay thousands for a new one when you can patch er up and add some flames down side! Well grandma wouldnt let me put the flames on there, but you know that war era mentality... $38.95... yahoo!

Thanks for the help everyone.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WARREN..I figgered you used Bondo for any general household repair ...being as ya mess with cars alla time.[;)]

tigue710

Reaction score
here she is all glued up, the cracks are still apparent of course but man does the elmers hold strong with this stuff. I know it is tougher then wood when used on wood but it holds this stuff like a monkeys mother! Thanks again Baltbottle.

P1020073.jpg

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Now I must say that looks darned good !!! [/align]Definitely a crock worth repairing...tis a beaut![/align]

tigue710

Reaction score
thanks whiskeyman! I just had to go back for it, broke or not, it was worth it. Porbably one of my best stoneware finds ever, (that I just picked up off the ground at least)!

tigue710

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I cant make it all out, but what I can see is "FRANK B. N*****" - "WORCESTER - *****" I'm guessing Mass., and I think the last name is Norton... and of course it is a 4 gallon...

tigue710

Reaction score
Thanks Jules! ya I luv it too... something about the form of the design really grabs you... Sorry but I'm a keepin this one!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown