Six-sided Cathedral bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dale

Reaction score
This is a six-sided, amber, Cathedral bottle. It is 13 and 3/8" tall with applied lip that has been made into a lamp.
It had a small hole drilled in the bottom in order to make a lamp out of it. Other than that, the bottle is in very good condition.
Any ideas on the value?

Nl28871.jpg

Thanks for the info. J.D. Here is a better pic.

Bz79064.jpg

Thanks for the reply J.D. I have checked the base and found no lettering at all.

Attachments

• Bz79064.jpg
    Bz79064.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 165

deepwoods

Reaction score
Dale - I think we need a clearer photo, but if thats an actual amber cathedral, theyre very rare in that color,and it would be quite valuable even with the hole. Try to send a clearer photo.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Dale - There are folks here with more expertise than myself,but that looks like the real deal to me. Nice color - any lettering on the base? Ill go out on a limb and say 500.00 + even with the hole. If Im wrong Im wrong. Hopefully some other folks will chime in with second opinions. Cheers

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Dale, welcome to the forum [:D] .
There was an amber Cathedral pickle sold a few years ago for US$46000 [:-] , not saying your one is the same (I can't find the photo or info on that one) but if it's genuine it will be a good one even with the hole.

kastoo

Reaction score
Nice if the color is real. Might have been a clear and treated? Where did you find it? Wow.

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi Dale. Nice pickle! Wouldn't you like to strangle the guy that drilled it though? IMHO, it's the real deal, and I think deepwoods' estimate is a good one considering the hole. The pickle that sold for $46000 was an open pontil Willington, which is four sided, and a different shade of amber. Without the hole, yours would probably sell for over $1000, but we don't need to speculate if you can wait for about one month. I've seen a picture of one exactly like yours (I assume minus the hole) that will be sold by then. I'll let you know how it turns out.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Med - Is the one coming up for sale the same type,(dimensions,etc) as Dales? That 13 3/8 is one of the bigger ones.

medbottle

Reaction score
Hiya deepwoods. Judging from other bottles in the picture, the one to be sold is close enough in size to make little or no difference. Come to think of it, it seems that almost every 6-sider I see is in this large size.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Med - Funny(almost) how many great,old bottles have been used like this over the years - a few years ago, I might have even done it. Thanks for the info.

Dale

Reaction score
Hi Kastoo. Iam pretty sure it is amber. I found it in a little antique shop in town.
Dale

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora