Six-sided Cathedral bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dale

Reaction score
HI medbottle. NO, not really. If it had not been made into a lamp it probably would not
have been in the store. THanks for the info. and yes I can wait.
Dale P.S. Isn't there someone that specializes in repairing cracks&holes in bottles?

Monsonant

Reaction score
Dale , SO far I have be unable to ID your Pickle bottle . Here's a link to the Willington that sold on Ebay http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/articles/pick0699.htm I had one of these in my hands a few years ago. It was in a local house (Stafford Ct ) that belonged to an old time dealer . A friend of mine bought the house and contents . I don't have all the info right in front of me but these are quite tall , around 14" . The one I held was much lighter in color . It was sold privately to a local collector /auctioneer and replaced a damaged one in his collection (corner was broken right off it ) that brought a very good price at auction. Dave A

medbottle

Reaction score
Dale, as far as I know, no one has been able to repair cracks in bottles. There are several people that repair holes and chips with resin. On this forum, baltbottles does repairs, but I don't know if he's started doing amber bottles yet. The color matching can be a bear.

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks for trying David. I talked with Jeff from american bottle auctions and he said it was a 1500.00 dallor bottle!!! (without the hole) with the hole about 200.00 ohwell

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks medbottle I might check into that.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Dale, FYI, baltbottles repaired a yellow amber bottle for me and the color was a perfect match. I personally wouldn't hesitate to use Chris for any bottle repair I needed. Kelley

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks Gunsmoke47 for the info, thats good to know. Where in Texas do you live?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Way up North in the Panhandle Dale. A town called Pampa. It's about 60 miles N.E. of Amarillo. Happy Diggin, Kelley

medbottle

Reaction score
Hiya Dale. Just a quick update on that amber 6-sided pickle. One just sold in Heckler's most recent auction for $800.00, but adding in the buyer's penalty (oops...buyer's PREMIUM) and shipping, the price is closer to $900.00.

Dale

Reaction score
Hi medboottle, I think they were expetting to get more. I am thinking about putting mine on Ebay and if it doesn't sell I will keep it, or use it for a 200 yd. target Thanks for the info. Dale

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado