WANTED: BEER CANS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
So I found a new to me dump that is loaded with cans in various stages of rusty. Lots of Schlitz, Ruppert??? Something like that.

worth bringing some home and posting pictures? I know nothing about beer cans so hard to decide which to keep and which to leave

yacorie

Reaction score
There are 1000s of cans. Cone top cans and flat steel cans. Most of them are rusted beyond me being able to read them but since they can be restored, anything to be looking for?

i was able to see some of the steel cans were budweiser

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yacorie, Please E-mail me or private message me from this point on. The Vultures are Circling & if not they soon will be. THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sorta, I collect Wagner Locheed Brake Fluid cone top cans & Certain Shoe Polish cone top cans. LEON.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Okay I'll keep that in mind. Not that I see many of those. I'm curious what you think of this can. It had a keyhole type of opening on top. I didn't bring it home because condition was bad.
DSCN3294.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi, That's a common can. Condition actually is not to bad, I could clean it up. Even though common that looks like a oddball variation. It looks like there new pull tab beer can but looks like it still has there older flat top that needed a can opener to open. unless it's a juice top can. I'd be Interesting in obtaining this can to see what kind of top it has. Can you bring it home. Curious about the top. Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Hi, That's a common can. Condition actually is not to bad, I could clean it up. Even though common that looks like a oddball variation. It looks like there new pull tab beer can but looks like it still has there older flat top that needed a can opener to open. unless it's a juice top can. I'd be Interesting in obtaining this can to see what kind of top it has. Can you bring it home. Curious about the top. Let me know. THANKS, LEON.
I'll have to see if I can find the spot I left it at. Or at least find another one there like it. I did see more than one. But this one was the most complete. How do you clean rust off the cans?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a pic of some of my Iron City cans. Mine that is like yours is a pull tab with aluminum top. I don't have one like yours if it is a flat top that needed a Church key or can opener to open. Let me know if you go back & find it or any other Iron Cities or any other cans. Lots of tough cans come from Pennsylvania. THANKS, LEON.IronCitys.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'll have to see if I can find the spot I left it at. Or at least find another one there like it. I did see more than one. But this one was the most complete. How do you clean rust off the cans?

SO, What if I offered you $100 for that rusty Iron City, would you go back & get it then?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger