Deceptive jar sale on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

georgeoj

Reaction score
Take a look at the pictures of this jar/jars and tell me what you think. I contacted the seller and he says that this is one jar taken from different angles. I do not know how to include a link in this message so the item number is: 280152336752.

<linked by Admin>

whiskeyman

Reaction score
GEORGEOJ...ya may be onto something...[/align] [/align]BOB CLAY doesn't note the green Lightning as a RepRo, but it appears to be one...IMO.[/align] [/align]His link ( below) notes an amber 227 that has been reproduced and one way to tell the fake is there is no base seam...and the lip is smooth.[/align]The green Lightning in this listing has no discernable base seam....and that may be an indicator it is a repRo...[/align]Here's a link to Bob's site.[/align]http://home.earthlink.net/~raclay/ReproLightnings.HTML[/align] [/align]Perhaps Bob will see this thread and clarify.[/align]

georgeoj

Reaction score
The jar may or may not be a repro, I did not even consider that. The problem that I was refering to was that the pictures seem to be of two different jars. One is a quart and the other a half gallon. The shape of the jars seems to be consistant with that and, if you look closely, the neck wire is in a different position relative to the embossing in the two photos. Thank you for fixing that link!
George

georgeoj

Reaction score
After a second e-mail to the seller, pointing out the clear difference between the two jars, the seller admitted that the second picture was of a different jar and it has been taken down.
George

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu