Skull Poison Scam e-mail

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
I have another bottle scam from the Netherlands to warn everyone about. Several members of our poison bottle club have been contacted by someone from the Netherlands offering a cobalt figural skull poison bottle. They are using the name Lisa Derksen, which may well be a fake name.

The pictures are definitely photo-shopped, and this "bottle" has been offered to at least a half dozen different people. Beware! ~Jim

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
there was an article in AB&GC Magazine and that was the authors name. she is from the netherlands. look into it. see if someone is using her name. it might actually be ligit.

Jim

Reaction score
The pics are almost definitely bogus. Whoever is attempting this could be using Ms. Derksen's name in an attempt to add to their credibility. I know someone who asked to see other pictures of the bottle in question, and they never got a reply. The skull was also being offered way too cheap if I remember correctly. ~Jim

TROG

Reaction score
Recently one of my contacts who collects pot lids also had emails from some one in the Netherlands trying to sell several San Francisco Pot Lids and with a bit of investigation found that the photos that had been sent to him had been copied from an auction held a few months ago by American Bottle Auctions and all altered slightly . There were 5 or 6 lids in the photo sitting on a background that had some sun glare but all the lids did not and that was what made him suspicious.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi