HUGE! Mason jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
I got this at a garage sale today. I can't find it in my Red book#9. Has anyone seen it before?
Thanks , Glen

Hf99005.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey Glen! Yup I have seen that one.... My gal Wendy had to have one to go with the rest of her "canning jars". Could you imagine that thing filled with pickled eggs? Ha Ha. It sure is a great go-with. Taz

woody

Reaction score
Here we go: Red Book #1982

Mason's (star) Patent Nov. 30th 1858 reverse: Embossed eagle
Smooth lip Mason beaded neck seal Metal screw cover, unmarked, painted white or gold lacquer. Some have wire carrying bail, with wooden grip.
4 gallon size; circa 1975; Libbey Glass company.
For 1976 Bicentennial.

Value: Clear $35-50

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks Woody! I guess I didn't look good enuf[;)]

I got it along with a bunch of other stuff one being the Acorn crock #3 to the right of the Mason jar. The lid is missing :-(
I got it for $20. $15 for the Mason jar. Does anyone know what a lid for this crock would cost? Anyone have one laying around or know where I can find one?
Thanks, Glen

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Incidentally, Libby Glass STILL makes these jars, both in the 2-1/2 gallon and the 4 gallon sizes. Now, however, they all come with plastic lids & attached carrying handle - it looks like this is a metal lid, so at least you did get one that's a bit older. We lived near Shreveport, LA for a few years and I did see these jars quite often in their factory store. If my memory serves me, the 4 gallon jars ran about $24.00 while the 2-1/2 gallon jars were about $12.00. I did find the smaller jars in their "bargain room" once for $5.99 each including the box. All in all, I'd say you did pretty well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis