Union Flask.... authentication, age, value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Katr

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me authenticate this? Approximate age and value would be great if possible. Looks like the seam definitely stops most of the way up the neck and the rest of the neck and lip have been applied. 8 1/4" tall. No markings on the back. Inside appears sort of optic. 13 stars on front, smooth bottom.

TIA for any help you can provide.

Kat

Dscn5154.jpg

Dscn5157.jpg

Dscn5161.jpg

Dscn5162.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
hi kat: your bottel, is a modern,repro. if you look real hard at the top of the neck,you will see thate the seem is off set,places like india, were a lot of this bottels come from,still, uses semi atomatic,equipment,wich leves that kind of seem. the bottel is not worth much , 2 or 3 dollers, its a nice looking bottel thu,put it in the windo and injoy it.[:)] good luck...jim

JGUIS

Reaction score
Yep, Jim called that one. Most true flasks are pretty crude. The embossing doesn't have crisp sharp details like yours. Not that they don't have details. The lip on a real one is easily recognized also, most are globby or lopsided. Nice looking color though.

Katr

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the info. The seam lines on the lip are opposite the lines on the sides of the bottle. Seem to have been fire polished which may account for the drippiness where the very top part of the neck seems to meet the rest of the neck and bottle. which is probably what fooled me most. I'm silly like that. Thanks again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac