I'm confused? I think this is...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
I wouldn't call them any kind of reproduction or rereproduction. Well, maybe sort of a reproduction. They are really small and only resemble a hutch to those who know the are supposed to be a hutch. More like a poor representation of a hutch made in Rangpor or some other forgotten little country.

My wife bought a 6er of them cause she thought they were cute.[&o]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
maybe I'm mistaken but isnt what defines a Hutchinson bottle the Hutchinson closure? This has a crown top. I suppose maybe it has embossing that was similar to the coke hutchs or something? I find it hard to call it a hutch.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Coke doenst seem to give a good amount of thought to the reproductions they make in my opinion. They either make repros like the Christmas cokes that are so close and poorly marked that novice collectors confuse them with originals OR they make repros that are so far from the originals that no one wants them.
Cant they figure out how to make visually good repros and just mark them with the date or something simple like that (simple enough for anyone on ebay to tell them apart)? Doesnt see like rocket science for a billion dollar company that owes a lot of its fame to nostalgia.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Good points one and all. I as usual have a dry sense of humor that I think got missed. I was more rubbing the 1989 mentions when I have a feeling that over and over they meant 1889. That and $13.90 for shipping. A six pack of fulls costs what?[:D][&:][:eek:][X(][>:]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I am clueless as usual but i at least had an excuse to rant again a big corporation, that's always fun, now lets talk about exxon ....[:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
I guess representation would be a better word to use for them. They are about a third smaller than a hutch but that is what they are supposed to be. They cost 5 bucks a six.

84373E08707E45DF8C210C79635427AA.jpg

Attachments

• 84373E08707E45DF8C210C79635427AA.jpg
    84373E08707E45DF8C210C79635427AA.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 97

bottleboy311

Reaction score
I saw these last week in the market here in Florida selling for $4.99 a six pack. I thought gee this is not a reproduction. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen a hutch bottle with a crown top. I did not Major in English but I did get a college education, and re, in front of production, means produced again. How can it be a reproduction if it was never produced in the first place? Lee

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp