bottle pics

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Mike,

Have you substituted pictures for line-drawings in your new edition of "...Civil War Era Bottles..." or are you using the images somewhere else? Got a website with a description of your books?

-----------Harry Pristis

Pontiled

Reaction score
Harry, we're still using the same line drawings since most of the readers said they showed better detail. The last edition had quite a number of new entries, updated price ranges, and a bit more text. The third edition will be the final edition as I'm getting a bit too old now to continue and there are fewer new entries now.

We just installed a new computer here, so we haven't gotten around to getting a new Web site yet. I'll let you all know when we have it. Business systems are a bit more complicated, but they certainly are powerful! You have to remember that the first computer system I worked on was very primitive! The printer room was as big as the average size of a modern kitchen and everything was transferred to storage tapes for printing. When I was teaching, I was one of the "old guys" who could bring in some of the vacuum tubes and components from the old systems for the classes to actually see!

I'm sure glad that we progressed!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to thank everyone that has mad suggestions on my photo issues. It seams that the consensus is that you can't get perfect pictures directly from the camera. But you must use the digital darkroom of a good photo editor program to tweak the pictures.

Chris

Pontiled

Reaction score
That's right Chris, the photo is just the beginning of the process. The better the photo, the better you will end up after processing it.

Good luck!

lost marble

Reaction score
To avoid reflections there's a spray available in good photographic stores that'll give anything a temporary matt finish. Here in the UK it's called 'dulling spray'! http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/pdfiles/p84-85.pdf

mercabago55

Reaction score
[8|]Hello Out there
I am the new guy (mercabago55)
I have several Warners Bottles that I have had for 25 years plus.We dug most of them up,
(my wife and I), in upstate N.Y. in the mid seventies. We now live in upstate South Carolina.
Want to know how to show pictures on these forums. We have a digital camcorder(new).
That has a memory card and I am able to load still pictures on my computer.But that is as far as Ive got. Have not taken pictures of the bottles yet. My wife has a large collection of fruit jars also. We are planning on selling these collections but want to do it so they get into the hands of collectors and not dealers.
Well thats it for now hope to hear from any body with good suggestions etc.
Thanks John (Jack) Curtis

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hello I will be getting a new computor and diginol camera. Does anyone have any suggestion, Such as easy way to load picture to site. Do some new computors come with new ports or what every just for loading phots, also advise on which Diginol camera to buy
Thanks
David Dearden

woody

Reaction score
With all the digital cameras out there it would be hard to pick out one specific model to buy.
The prices are really coming down alot and the quality is getting better.
I say get the best you can afford.
When you buy it it will have instructions that will tell you how to load pictures to your computer.
I just got a handy cam digital camcorder that connects to a USB port on the back of my computer.
My digital camera uses a floppy disc to upload to my computer.
I have a Sony Mavica digital camera.
The more mega pixels the better the quality of the photos.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
RE: bottle pics - digital cameras

For info and recommendations on buying a digital camera, check out
www.ConsumerReports.org

Consumer Reports top-rated 3-megapixel camera is the Fujifilm FinePix 3800 at list price $340.

Their "Best Buy" is the 3-megapixel Fujifilm FinePix A303 at list price $220.

More than 3 megapixels is only useful if you want to print really big, high-quality pix, or if you want to do sophisticated manipulations of your images.

Me? I am limping along with a 1.3 megapixel camera.

Hope this helps.

--------------Harry Pristis

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum