Ladies Favorite

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepwoods

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Ladies Favorite fruit jar has been reproduced? I saw one for what seemed like a pretty low price - 40.00 - in a shop the other day,but I was in a hurry and wasnt able to get a close look at it.

Pontiled

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. You might get a bit more information from other diggers and then make a beeline for that shop for a closer look.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi J.D. To the best of my knowledge, the Ladies Favorite has not been reproduced. However, I would certainly be suspicious of one listed for a mere $40! What with the modern reproductions from China flooding the market, I would not be at all surprised to see them make this one. Here are some things you may want to look for: 1. check for wear on the base of the jar. Someone who doesn't know what they have surely wouldn't clean it, but you never know - a cleaned jar may not show much wear. Some sneaky folks have been known to sand the bottoms of the jars... 2. How does the glass feel? New glass has a sort of "slick" feel to it. 3. It needs to have a ground lip for sure, a smooth lip would be a dead giveaway. 4. When you pick up the jar, is it lighter or heavier than you expected? If so, you may have a repro. Here's hoping you found a bargain!! -Tammy

deepwoods

Reaction score
Thanks Mike and Tammy - Goin back tomorrow - hope Im not too late. Ive got a shot because it was tucked away in an inconspicuous place in a junk shop. Maybe Ill get lucky - bout this time a couple of years ago,I found a mint Dr. Jaynes Life Preservative in a similar shop. Ill keep you posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky