nothin like a warm home

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rlo

Reaction score
tried walking the pre-civil war road this morn w/ my metal detector ground was too frozen to dig. So I came back in & made a German apple pancake. Now my house is toasty warm, & smells like apple pie! Life is rough!

tigue710

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind some pancakes right now! Have you seen the new jug of pancakes bisquick came out with?... yuk! who would eat that crap?

I make mine from scratch, it's the only way... not to mention pancakes only take five minutes to mix!

rlo

Reaction score
yup I agree w/ you. Only homemade, & I use buttermilk. Have you ever tried german apple pancake? you use no leavening, & you bake it. sounds wierd, but oh man are they good!

capsoda

Reaction score
Yup, I make the big thick ones with lots of real butter and Blackburn real cane syrup. I have them with bacon and sometime with grits on over medium eggs. Bisquisk is OK for sausage balls but scratch is the only way to do pancakes.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Blackburn Syrup still comes in reusable quart canning style gars too.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Blueberry pancakes are one of my favs. Not a Bisquick fan either. I love crepes too, with a little creme fraiche.
Ooh and some smoked salmon too rlo. lol. Seriously, love it.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Make it Lobey, we're all hungry lol. Oatmeal is good with brown sugar and a little sour cream.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I had breakfast for dinner, you all had me so inspired. I have a sausage balls recipe, I forgot about it. It does call for bisquik. What is your recipe? Thanks.

logueb

Reaction score
How about a big ol slice of fried country cured ham, a big scoop of grits covered in red-eye gravy, scrambled eggs, and some cat-head biscuits and home-maid cane syrup.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky