second chance ebay offer?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mikmis

Reaction score
i just recieved a second chance offer on an ebay item that i was bidding on .its a bottle book and the guy says he has another coppy .anyone know how safe this is and if there is any way to tell if its the origional seller. thanks

bubbas dad

Reaction score
if the offer came through ebay and has your real name included with you ebay account name it might be alright. you might go to the sellers listing and send him a message, through the contact seller link, asking them to verify they sent the offer.

mikmis

Reaction score
thanks john ,it came through ebay and it looks legit we emailed several times and im sending out payment .ill let you know how it turnes out .hopefully good the guys that were puting it together took a picture of one of my bottles a few years ago and its suposed to be in the book .i want to see how they listed it i think its a rare one.

deer4x4

Reaction score
if you were bidding on a book most of those were done in multiple copy and the seller can have a lot of copies like the digger odells kovels and others and the best way to check is if the offer comes to you but you had lost to a higher bidder just click on to contact seller and ask him if he has sent the message for second chance i had personally just sold a scroll flask person that won sent me email thru ebay that it arrives and that he posted feedback and that same day another person that did noty win emailed me to tell me that he recieved a second chance offer for the scroll but the name as seller was diffrent from mine he turned it into ebay and then let me know so i went and changed all my passwords and i had also noticed i had marked the items in my ebay as sent but that day they were not marked that way anymore so i notified ebay also so i hope this will help you bob

GuntherHess

Reaction score
if the offer came through ebay and has your real name included with you ebay account name it might be alright. you might go to the sellers listing and send him a message, through the contact seller link, asking them to verify they sent the offer.

That is a foolproof way to check, good advice.

ombudsman

Reaction score
EBay "second chance offers" are almost always scams. I got one re. a travel trailer we were bidding on. It looked as legit as could be. As suggested above, I contacted the original seller, who set me straight. This seller told me that when he sold a Jeep on eBay, every single one of the losing bidders received a fake second chance offer.

Again, these "Second Chance Offers" absolutely look genuine. Beware!

bombboy

Reaction score
mikmis,
I just had a similar situation. Is the book "Bottles of Old New York" being sold by a guy named Chris? If so, I got my book on Friday with no problems.
bombboy

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
I bid on something last spring and was out bid on the last day. The next morning I received a "second chance offer" because the high bidder had flaked out. It sounded kind of shady, so I contacted eBay. The SCO gave me 48 hours to respond and eBay took 72 to get back to me. I contacted the seller and told him I had concerns and had contacted eBay, and if he still had it I would buy it. He never got back to me, and I never saw it offered it again. Though eBay said it was legit, the whole thing had a funny smell to it.

ktbi

Reaction score
I was outbid on a bottle and about a week later got a second chance offer and a personal email from the seller. It looked good and after a cursory check it seemed valid - and was valid. I had a successful transaction, but I took a risk by not being careful enough. I could very easily have been ripped off. Wasn't much money - but that's not the point. Lucky this time and I will be more thorough in the future. Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown