Is this a fruit jar lid?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leffertshook

Reaction score
Something else I dug a couple years ago and never really knew what it was. The PATENTED COLUMBIA top is just for size comparison. What do you think, fruit jar lid? And if it is, which jar do you think it might have belonged to?

Thanks for your time,
Richie[:)]

Ay73346.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73346.jpg
    Ay73346.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 124

Fruit Jars

Reaction score
Richie, I do not recognize your lid, but could be a fruit jar lid. Most have embossing on them which makes it easy to identify. Sorry no help on this one.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Richie, This looks like a Safety Valve jar lid, which has no embossing. Safety Valve jars were often used as packer jars, so varying sizes and colors are not unusual. I am having a bit of a hard time figuring out the size - is that Columbia lid a full-size one (about 3-1/4")? If so, the amber lid would be for a wide mouth jar - it may take a while to find a jar that fits - and then there would be the clamp.....
I'd be much more optimistic if the amber lid was a regular size one, finding a jar & clamp much more in the realm of possibility. -Tammy

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi Jerry and Tammy,

TY for the replies. Ah, Tammy, i'm looking in the red book now, and i'd say you called it! Wow, these come in cornflower and emerald also. I had no clue...The columbia lid measures right at 3 inches across, and the amber measures in at 3 3/4's. So this would be the small columbia lid then? I do have an xtra columbia top if someone needs one. No metal, just the glass.

Richie[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1