HELP !Cathedral Pickle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
HOPE to have a picture as soon as I can get a camera.Will just give a short desciption.This cathedral is a little over 10 and 1/2 inches tall. Has 4 sides,aqua,smooth based. Two sides match the opposite sides. Largest " potstone " I have ever seen with no crack radiatng from it . Has a small inside lip bruise,otherwise perfect. If someone has ever seen this bottle before ,they will know it,because two sides has a clock face. The clock has the time at about 11:15. If anyone knows anything about this bottle,I would like to know:Rarity,Possible Value,AND WHY THE CLOCK READS 11:15! [Historical Moment/Time the mold was made? ETC.] THANK YA'LL FOR YOUR TIME![May have to sell this bottle soon.]

towhead

Reaction score
From Kovels 1997 price guide:

Category
Bottle

Pattern or Item
Pickle

Description
Cathedral, Clock Face On 2 Sides, Aqua

Year
1997 (Price Guide Year)

Price
$325.00

glass man

Reaction score
Very Thankful! I saw the green one in Kovels. I talked briefly with a longtime pickle collector a few years ago ,when I was selling bottels at the Birmingham Ala. show.I was so busy I didn't get to get a lot of info. The person told my wife my bottle was only the third one they had seen and mine was in the best condition ,but one of the ones seen was green,and yes it does make a difference!

appliedlips

Reaction score
I would be interested if you decide to sell.Thanks,Doug

glass man

Reaction score
One last comment: I love the Kovells Dearly ,but would not buy or sell according to their price guide. Cathedral Pickles have gone up a good deal since the 1990s. I THANK ALL!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac