Any info on these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FluffynTx

Reaction score
I have had these 3 bottles for approx 25 years and dont know a thing about them. Orange Crush, Mountain Dew and Hi-Dive. Any info would be appreciated. Approx worth on each? Just curious after all this time. Thanks

Bottles.jpg

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi, those are ACL (applied color label) soda bottles from the 50's - 60's. Depending on how nice the label is on the Orange Crush, and what label it is, it could be worth anywhere between $2-$30 What does the front and back label say? What does the bottom say?

Unless the Mtn. Dew. says "Bottled by " and then a name on the label, it's probably only worth a couple dollars.

There was a Hi Dive bottle that sold on ebay awhile back for $6. Yours could be worth a little more or less depending on conditon...

Hope that helps,

-Ryan

FluffynTx

Reaction score
The mountain dew doesnt say bottled by on it, and the Orange Crush front Label says ...Orange Crush T.M. REG.U.S.PAT.OFF Company Bottle....on the back it says.....This special bottle protects the delicate fruit flavor and fresh taste.....3248 on the bottom with a jar shape in the center of the bottom and a 9 underneath

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi again, your Orange Crush is one of the slightly more desirable of the several different amber types. Here are two ebay auctions of bottles like yours (just type the number in the ebay search bar) .

Both sold for $9.99

If instead your bottle was the earlier variety of the "company" bottle with black writing, one of those sold for over $30.00 recently...

Not a lot of money, but with all the common ACL bottles it's actually kind of a challenge just to find one that will sell for more than $3 on the internet, partly because people buying on ebay have to pay shipping.

Neat bottles...

-Ryan

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I believe most ACL's have their dates embossed on their bases ex. "81"= 1981 [:D]

FluffynTx

Reaction score
This is exactly like my Crush bottle on ebay 7112955474 right down to the off center printed label on front and back. The orange is slightly more faded on mine than that one tho. Cool to finally find out something about these bottles since I have been packing them and moving them with me for the last 25 years lol. I had a Double Cola but it got broken a couple of moves ago. My favorite is the Hi-Dive, No one has ever seen that one before so its a great conversation piece. I have another packed somewhere, The pop shoppe I believe with a red and white striped painted label. I had forgotten about that one, gonna have to remember where that one is heh.

Ryan

Reaction score
It is really satisfying to try to solve a mystery, especially as to value, because with so
many antiques and bottles, you certainly can't tell just by looking at it. Before you asked I really had no idea of exact value either, but now I too have at least some idea. I think most of the Double Cola bottles are pretty common. I think the Hi Dive is the neatest one too, and I had never heard of it before either. That's what I like about the acl soda bottles, there are many unique and colorful ones that really aren't too expensive. Many of the bottles with girls on them are quite popular, and some are very valuable. The most valuable ACL soda bottle I've seen on ebay was a Winter Queen (with picture of woman skier); they are from Massachusetts and are extremely rare, I've seen them sell for between $800-$1000.

If you find any more neat acl bottles be sure to post them. They're one of my favorites...

-Ryan

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac