THE BEATLES AND LYDIA PINKAM ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
I am not the ebay police and I let a lot of things go BUT,when someone SAYS THIS :Early crude version LYDIA PINKAMS VEGATABLE COMPOND and in the description SAYS THIS :BEATLES EVEN WROTE ABOUT HER ?!! I can't TAKE IT!I HAVE ASKED WHICH BEATLE SONG AND HAVE NOT GOT A REPLY! I HAVE BEEN A BEATLE FAN SINCE EARLY 1964 and a BOTTLE COLLECTOR since 1974. WHAT GALL! THE BOTTLE IS BEING SOLD UNDER "steathers antique boutique" ITEM NO. 320198989432 ! I WILL BE RELENTLESS ON THIS!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Lydia Pinkham...picks up the rice in a church where a wedding has been...[/align]no...that ain't it...HA![/align] [/align]Lydia in the sky with diamonds ?[/align] [/align]Do you wanna know a secret? peeps'll use any gimmick ta try and sell something...:>([/align]

glass man

Reaction score
LYDIA IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS, IS THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
actually that's Lucy....heh.

Seller must be confuzzled...

woody

Reaction score
The song was called "Lily the Pink" by the Scaffold.
Another liverpool group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_the_Pink_(song)

Lily The Pink was No. 1 in the UK the following Christmas. 1968. The song features Jack Bruce (Cream) and Graham Nash (The Hollies) and a young Elton John (then Reg Dwight) on backing vocals. Mike had to borrow Ringo Starr's bass drum to get the final thump-thump-thump sound right.
Mike McCartney is Paul McCartneys brother.

woody

Reaction score
He was close.

The Scaffold emerged from Liverpool's early 1960s bohemian scene, the same environment that had nurtured the Beatles. The McCartney brothers linked the two, Paul's younger brother Mike, under the pseudonym McGear, teaming up with entrepreneur John Gorman and poet Roger McGough in 1963,Britain's most famous poet whose book of sixties beat poetry "the mersey sound" has sold an unprecedented one million copies.
Their stage show, fusing softly satirical sketches with music hall bawdiness, was a hit at the Edinburgh Festival and formed the basis for several successful tours through the rest of the decade.
The Scaffold enjoyed the Christmas number one in 1968 with "Lily The Pink", perhaps the most famous of all novelty songs.

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! I thought Iwas a BEATLES ,LIVERPOOL FAN! DOES"LILLY THE PINK" have anything to do with LYDIA PINKAM ? AND IF IT DOES ISN'T THAT GOING WAY OUT OF THE WAY TO SAY "THE BEATLES EVEN WROTE A SONG ABOUT HER"?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky