Mason Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

#1twin

Reaction score
This is a question for all the fruit jar collectors. I ran across some clear, screw top, mason jars while bottle hunting today. They were embossed with different vegetables above the word MASON. What I mean by that is, that one was embossed onions, one embossed cheese? and another vegetable I can't remember. On the side they had the typical measurement marks. I would provide a picture, but I did not know if they were worth bringing home or not, and left them in the woods. Can someone please tell me the age. I will probably go back and get them just for my collection anyway. Thanks for any replies. Marvin

cookie

Reaction score
Hi- I agree with Woody- very common, newer jars, not worth much. John

capsoda

Reaction score
Well hello Mr Mole. I think Lobey is right. Several companies since the early 70s have used those to put their sauces in. They are still worht the price of a fruit jar and fruit jars aint all that cheap anymore.

#1twin

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the replies.[:)] I will probably go back and keep them in my collection for my children's golden years. Thanks again to all, Marvin

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Marvin, before you run out and buy those, you might want to stop by your local grocery store and see if you can find the same things in the pasta sauce aisle. You probably won't pay much more for them - with the bonus that you'll get to enjoy the pasta sauce. Also, if you do find them at the grocery, and after you consume the good stuff inside, keep the lid & leave the labels on them. If they will ever be worth anything, the original lid & label can't hurt. -Tammy

#1twin

Reaction score
Tammy, Thanks for the reply. These jar's are lying out in the woods. No buying envolved. I just never ran across this variety before. They are not the HARVEST style mason's, with a group of vegetables, but individual vegetables embossed on each jar. As though the jar was made for that one vegetable. Thanks again, Marvin

Jennifer

Reaction score
I wish I had not lost track of what happened to my grandmothers' and mother's fruit jars. I still have a few Mason jars. I have an M.D.E. milk bottle from Memphis Dairy ?....I am old enough to remember as a child having my milk delivered to my front door IN BOTTLES!!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi