bikini girl LADYSMITH WI acl soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. ~

I forgot to mention that the book listing is for a 1939 bottle. So this earlier date is also a major factor.

SPBOB

T D

Reaction score
The values in this book are extremely subjective, and as stated in the book, are not meant to be a value, only what someone paid for them during these date ranges. Alot of the prices listed in the book are before so many of the bottles were listed over the past 5-10 years on ebay, which has except for a very few bottles driven the prices down (because even though you have more potential buyers, you have many more unknown bottles show up for sale). This combined with the economy, has, in my opinion, lowered the selling price of this bottle to the aforementioned $100 plus range. As stated condition is HUGE in the value, a mint or near mint Ladysmith with very good paint, centered label, and very unhurt bottle could be worth twice that amount, and a poor example could be worth $20 or less. I just throw this out to give you a starting point if you wanted to sell it. I'm sure the other ACL guys out there would agree that any nice bottle being sold out there right now, is probably not bringing what it would have brought 5 years ago.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
T D ~

I just happened to be online and thought it only proper to respond by saying I agree with you 100% ... especially about the whole e-Bay influence on things. I primarily shared that info with hmingbrd as a "reference" to indicate his bottle is rarer than some and still in the range of bottles that can be considered valuable. Not too long ago I started keeping track of certain bottles sold on e-Bay and compared them to various price guides (especially the one mentioned) and I was surprised to discover that certain bottles seem to hold their popularity and value irregardless of how weak the market might seem. Of course I have no specific track record of the 'Ladysmith' bottle, and you are no doubt right about the $100.00 value. Lately I have been searching on e-Bay by using variations of "Rare" acl/soda bottle, etc. and find it narrows down the field considerably. But it also amuses me when someone post a bottle they think is rare, but in fact isn't. It's all a learning process, especially from where I stand.

Thanks,

SPBOB

sodapops

Reaction score
I bought my "Ladysmith" bottle about 4 years ago at the Tulsa bottle show and what I had to give for it would make your wallet shiver.[:)] I love those dated bottles (girls & planes) Nice Find!

crown91

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm new to this site and for these kind of forums in general. I am adopted and after finding my biological family, my father told me that his family owned a cow farm in Wisconsin. His family, supposedly his uncle came up with the bikini girl logo. Apparently when his uncle died, a case of these bottles was found under the porch, but was given to the family's church. I would love to find one of these bottles for my dad. If anyone has any info, history, or advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much. Inquiring from Washington State.

Quackers

Reaction score
City-bottling-works-ladysmith-wisconsin-acl-graphics

s-l1600.jpg

Hello!

I joined this site to ask a question. This Ladysmith bottle is up for sale on Ebay. About 2 years ago, I was in a consignment store called "The curiosity shop" in Ladysmith and they had one of these for sale. The price was $150. The label was incomplete, but not really bad and the top had a chunk out of it with other imperfections. I asked the owner if the guy selling it would take $100 for it, but she was unable to get in touch with him. When I returned the following week, it was gone.

Here is the ebay link for the bottle that is for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CITY-BOTTL...357941?hash=item41d8ee1d35:g:GNoAAOSwKNhaXuzw

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these for around $100? I'm not a serious collector and would be okay with a label that is not as nice as this one, but would like it to be good.

Thanks for your help!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis