bikini girl LADYSMITH WI acl soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
This is a beautiful bottle from the beautiful town of Ladysmith wisconsin I already have a little nicer one . I just think this bottle is great dates to 1940 7 oz bottle just got this today I recently talked to the guy that designed this label . there was an article a few years back in the ladysmith paper about this bottle and that some one found it after the big tornado came through town . As of just a few years ago he was still alive . The part about our conversation that i remember most is that the silk screener reduced the size of the girl he originally wanted the whole smooth spot where the label goes to be a picture .!! this is not a very common bottle . Ladysmith bottling works had several different owners . the last acl soda bottle they put out has pine trees and snow on the label it is also a great looking bottle

A2307C58930845E6AF1590A2E8FA642C.jpg

Attachments

• A2307C58930845E6AF1590A2E8FA642C.jpg
    A2307C58930845E6AF1590A2E8FA642C.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 219

bubbas dad

Reaction score
very nice bottle. i love the bottles from that era. they seem to have more class than the ones from the 60's on up.

acls

Reaction score
Wow! You sure have some nice bottles Minnesota Digger. That Ladysmith is tuff. Great colors, great pic.

T D

Reaction score
Nice bottle, very rare. A couple of years ago one came up on ebay starting at something like 0.99. The seller found it a a flea market and thought he would get a couple of bucks for it...It went for alot more. Love to see more pictures of rare ACL's. I know there has got to be some more southern painted label nuts out there besides me and Osiaboyse.

orangecrush19

Reaction score
This is a beautiful bottle, I have been searching for one of these for almost 2 years now, Dont want to sell it huh? Excellent label from what I can tell.

hmingbrd

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping to get some help here.

We are in the process of going through many old bottles, and other glassware that my mother collected over the years. We have one of these bottles.

I have been thinking about setting up an ebay store to sell these items. Does anyone have any input on what kind of price I could look for for this bottle, or resources on where to find that kind of info?

I would appreciate anything you could tell me!

Thanks!

acls

Reaction score
It is hard to put an exact value on that bottle now since the bottle market has been so unpredictable ever since the economy went south. Your Ladysmith bottle is a desirable one and in good condition should bring good money ($100 plus). Condition is super important with painted label sodas. The label needs to be free of scratches, dings, paint loss, and fading. The glass needs to be nice too.

As far as guides go I personally don't think any of the few resources out there help much with pricing. If you post a list on the forum here there are enough painted label soda guys on here that would gladly help you with value.

hmingbrd

Reaction score
[:)] Thank you so much for your help! I'm really just getting started with all of this, and I've been feeling totally out of my depth. I've always loved my mother's collection, and would love to hang onto it, but none of us have the room to display it. I'm still considering holding onto that particular bottle myself, because its from my hometown, but at least we definitely know not to just give it away.

I'm going to clean it up, and see what condition it is in. I found a resource with some safe cleaning methods to try on it.

Who knows, maybe I will turn into a collector myself.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
hmingbrd ~

Welcome to the forum. Please stick around ... it only gets better with age ... er, I mean age of the bottles that is, and not age of the collectors! [:D] Anyway, 'Super Member' acl is correct about the current market. Plus I for one am still a strong supporter of a specific book entitled "Collecting Applied Color Label Soda Bottles," which is considered by some to be the 'Bible' of the hobby. And according to it's fourth edition, last published in 2002, it shows various values for your bottle (most based on actual auction prices at the time). And are listed as follows ... for bottles considered to be in excellent condition.

1993-94 @ $440.00
1995-97 @ $400.00
1998-2001 Two ... one @ $397.00 ... and one @ $295.00

Some may challenge this particular books listings, but I would say any way you slice it you have a much sought after bottle worth a considerable amount of money.

Keep it! The market is likely to recover one of these days. (Hopefully) ???

I hope this helps ... but bare in mind (like acl said) "condition" is a key factor to value.

Good luck,

SPBOB

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi