Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Piso's Cure

Senior Member Bottle Master

Piso's Cure

Here are some of my Piso Cure bottles. I collect anything related to the Piso company(Hazeltine & Co Warren PA). Trade Cards, postcards, bottles, advertising items. I have a paperweight that is embossed just like the Piso Cure bottles. I know they are nothing special but I like the pursuit of looking for different colors in them. I have crystal clear which is tough, different shades of aqua, different shades of greens, yellows which are really tough. I am especially looking for a dark dark one that would be black, is there such a thing as a cobalt blue one??? Enjoy the pic. Sorry it's not a little better, it's an old pic. Best regards! idigjars [:)]

RE: Piso's Cure

Very nice, Paul. Was Piso's Cure a patent medicine? Just curious. [;)]

Yes, diggerboy it was a patent medicine. The company started around the late 1860's early seventies. I've never seen a pontiled example but do have hinge mould varieties so at least 1870's. They started making their calendars I think in 1879. I have all the examples from 1882 on. Take care. [:)]

Thank you for thinking of me Matt! Hey Matt I was wondering if you got that dose glass from awhile back?

If you won it and haven't tried cleaning it yet I would be more than happy to clean it for you for free. After all, you gave me and a whole bunch of folks here a Christmas present of your Medicine info. I would even pay the shipping back to you. Let me know if I can help and again, thanks for thinking of me.
    Paul

no, got outbid on that one. But thanks for the offer.

Nice set, Paul. The yellows, the clear and especially the cornflower blue are awesome. I keep every Piso's I get my hands on from our digs. They're a cool bottle with all the color variants. I also have an aqua one with very crude embossing. It almost looks like a kid did it with a crayon [:D]. My other common aquas have the standard fairly neat letters. I thought the crude one was neat. ~Jim

Hi Jim, can you post the pic of your bottle or send it to me through email? I would love to see it.

Thanks all for looking at the Piso's. I really like them. I have a kind of neat go-with. It is a big hunk of glass slag that has the Piso embossing on it. Kind of wonder if it wasn't glass put into a mold to warm the mold and instead of throwing the glass back into the pot to make more bottles it got tossed? Anyway, I can post a pic of that if anybody is interested.

Again, Thanks for looking at the post and good luck everybody with your collecting, digging, and finding items for your collections. Paul

Hi Paul, I'll get a picture of the crude aqua Piso up soon. Your heavy piece that resembles a Piso bottle was probably a mold warmer piece. I've never seen one of a Piso bottle before, that's a great go-with. I have seen some of other bottles that were found near old glass plant sites. ~Jim

Here are a few Piso pics for you. First, my limited color run of Pisos. We usually just find the aquas, so any shade of green is a treat. The amber 30s junker adds another color.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2D180291D7DB4B288E9799092F231350.jpg