Perrine's apple ginger bitters bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
I'm sorry but my camera is out of commission for the time being but here is a link to one like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=890&item=6141994107&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This doesn't look like a wheaton bottle because it is very crude and there is no name on the bottom which is also very crude. I have a wheaton like it but the name is different and it says Wheaton on the bottom and looks like it was made recently (which it was.) Was this made by someone else? If so who and when? What is it worth?
Thanks,
Robert
barqs19

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I'm guessing the e-bay seller is legit, but it bothers me that there's no picture of the base of the bottle among all those he posted. I wouldn't hazard a bid without seeing the base. I hope your's is genuine!

BARQS19

Reaction score
I hope it is too but I'm having my doubts. There were two amber ones on ebay that went for around $300 I saw a 7up green one like this for $50, the woman said it was fake but couldn't tell me who made it. Mine is more of a deep olive color. I can't find it in any of the books, not even the amber ones. Kovel mentions it on their website but that's about it.
Robert
barqs19

diginit

Reaction score
Hi Bargs,
Did you ,by any chance look at the sellers "View Sellers Other Items"?
There are 2 weatons on the 1st. page, 5 on the 2nd. And one more on the 3rd.
All ARE titled Weaton or repro. But these are the only 19th century bottles I saw.
Be Careful!
I wonder if embossing can be ground and then polished out with a dremmel tool?
best of luck!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi your mouth looks la lot different than mine. Mine the line stops at the mouth. The mouth is one seperate piece. So far the only evidence I've seen of the originals are all amber and the fakes are obviously other colors (the 7up green and you mentioned the cobalt blue version) I just looked at the ones that sold around $300 and their mouths are just like yours. I'm assuming since no one has bid on this guys and mine has a wider mouth like the fakes then it is a fake. I would still like to know who why this one was done so well. It is very crude, the bottom, the molding, air bubbles, etc.
Robert
BARQS19

olddump

Reaction score
Here is a picture of a top of one I dug the other day it is very different from the one in the pic I'm sure it's a repo but a nice one any way. OLDDUMP

Ig11163.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11163.jpg
    Ig11163.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 174

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member