"Silver" pocket watch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

privvydigger

Reaction score
This came out the other day and the owner didn't want it.
Today I saw the friend who we gave a Teapot from here privvy. We usually try to give the owner something nice especially if it isn't what were looking for and may have connections to the house. The beautiful Teapot, cobalt blue decorative patter with a unique handle(looked like a trumphet) Anyway, her Great Grandfather built both homes. So she was quite pleased that it most probably was her Great Grandmothers Teapot. We dug a church and the first Reverand of the church as we were told before digging was a prolific writer and novelist, we dug a large cobalt blue Master ink and an Umbrella Ink out of the old stone liner. The women from the Church Historical Society was looking at them in the grass and asked who gets those......I said with a smile "the church gets everything" we just thanked them for digging.
anyway cool watch
I wonder whats inside as it is very heavy
enjoy
privvydigger

071CC459A66046C994259DA0AB49C9F0.jpg

Attachments

• 071CC459A66046C994259DA0AB49C9F0.jpg
    071CC459A66046C994259DA0AB49C9F0.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 64

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Hey you never know what people did or why they did it.Thats why I love digging, they could have tossed any thing under the sun in them holes.

aridice53

Reaction score
I don't know about yall, but, if I dropped my watch in the privy back then, it would stay there til someone else dug it out!!! [;)]

capsoda

Reaction score
Nope not the depression. It was a lever set so it was made in the latter part of the 1800s. The innereds were brass with a little copper and polished steel. If it is solid silver it is a good find. Just punch the innereds out cause they are eat up and useless. They come out through the face. When you get them out post some good close ups of the case.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi