bad situation on e-bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
This is the 1st time on e-bay with a bad experience. I paid for an item by paypal as soon as the auction was over item was never sent he took the paypal never contacted me. I sent many e-mails to him no response went to paypal they said he said he will refund the money to me, to them, still no contact to me and I have no refund yet. The seller was the SEEDBOXCOLLECTOR I was given a name and address by paypal maybe I should put that out there to. Why do people do that????

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
why do they do that? because some people are just plain jerks.I had a run in similar to yours.I got my money but went through a lot of chit to get it.

cc6pack

Reaction score
arthur

you have 45 days to file with PP from your payment date, file item not received if he dosen't respond or give PP a DC you win. Then again PS'ers get special treatment.

almost forgot do not agree to drop any of the process until you get your labels or money back. you do know that you can leave a negative and he cannot and all he can do is leave a positive.

arthur

Reaction score
thanks I left a negative he just now contacted me through fleabay and said pp will be refunded ?? I'll check on Monday. It just puts a bad taste in your mouth. Its bad enough when you bid and winn and then see the delivery cost added on. I would rather deal with individuals on the forum. I make stupid mistakes and just recently did with rick but I don't try to cheat someone. Life's to short.

D83A2D49D82A42498AF5665908E42909.gif

Attachments

• D83A2D49D82A42498AF5665908E42909.gif
    D83A2D49D82A42498AF5665908E42909.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 165

cc6pack

Reaction score
arthur

contact ebay about the false positive, he's not supposed to did dat.

by PP rules he has to ship your item within 7 days from payment, I checked some of his F/B and he is slow to ship, and does not answer emails. don't wait on him to refund file NOW. another piece of advice F/B is the last thing you do in a transaction. you have 90 days to leave F/B. go back and leave it for the folks you have bought from in the past it's the polite thing to do.

tigue710

Reaction score
e-bay sucks......... I've bought sold and sold many many bottles on e-bay even achieving power seller status. All I got was nothing but head aches... if a buyer was not trying to rip me off then it was a seller and if neither of those then e-bay was trying to rip off. To top it off nobody on ebay wants to pay what a bottle is worth, if you put a reserve no one will bid, if you don't put a reserve you sell the bottle for 50% of what it is worth... its all dealers on there anyway trying to make money on some sap who doesn't know what hes got...

if your selling mostly common your all right, especial if you have some sap story, but if you have a lot of good high dollar bottles take them to the auction house, you'll loose out on half of em on e-bay...

if your buying check feedback! and dont risk what looks like a good deal from a bad seller... always pay with pay pal so you have a course of action to follow up with and try to buy from ebayers who are also collectors... you'd be surprised how many non collectors honestly feel that a chip or crack is not worth mentioning...

one more thing, the sellers are most of the time doing it on the side... packing and shipping bottles is a lot of work, so give em break!

baltbottles

Reaction score
As a seller my opinion the best way to avoid buyers trying to rip you off is to take paypal out of the deal. Just accept Checks and Money Orders mailed to you. If the buyer is unhappy they have to deal with you directly and not run to paypal.

I think two thrids of bad ebay transactions could be resolved by better communcation between the buyer and the seller. However ebay has tried to limit this so no outside ebay deals can be made. I liked it better the old way when both buyer and seller had to contact each other through email and ebay was just a venue to sell on.

I have always offered an unconditional return on all my auctions. And of almost 1000 things sold I've had 2 returned and in both cases the bidder paid many times what the bottle was worth. Then complained about very minor things like wear or a small pontil flake. Nothing that actually hurt the value of the bottle.

When it comes to buying I always ask any buyer I have never delt with before questions and in many cases will get ther phone number and call them and ask about the item. I feel much better dealing with someone after I have talked to them either by phone or through email.

Chris

glass man

Reaction score
tique,It is not only people on ebay that don't want to pay what a bottle is worth ,it can also be at bottle shows! I hav actually had a mint 1915 coke at $5 ,but the person wanted it for $3 and I sold it to him as I found it on top of the woods ! It really drives me nuts when I have a $5 bottle for sale for 50 cents and the PERSON WANTS TO KNOW WILL I TAKE 25 CENTS!HA! EVERYONE WANTS TO GET A GREAT DEAL AND THEN GET TO TELL THEIR FRINDS OR WHOEVER "THE PERSON WANTED THIS FOR THIS BOTTLE ,BUT I GOT HIM DOWN TO THIS!!I LOVE A GREAT DEAL MYSELF! IT IS COOL TO FIND A LETTER I GOT FOR $5 AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A LETTER FROM "NEAR NEW HOPE CHURCH GA" AND IT WAS FROM GEN.LEONARDUS POLK[MISPELLED] AND HE DIED ONLY A FEW DAYS AFTER THIS LETTER WAS WRITTEN!I GOT $ 250 FOR IT AND WAS HAPPY !I WAS ONLY TOLD THE LETTER WAS FROM SOME PREACHER . I LEARNED THE REST ON MY OWN!I HAVE ALSO GIVEN A PERSON MORE THAN THEY ASKED FOR A BOTTLE ,BECAUSE I KNEW IT WAS WORTH MUCH MORE! I FORGET MY POINT AS I HAVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT!TRY TO BE FAIR I THINK IS THE MORAL TO A VERY BORING STORY!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora