Why I Have Just This One

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
This Ashville, N.C. B&W was made in the 40s and really tuff to find. I looked for years for one. Then one day this bottle came up on the bay. Got into a bidding match w/ the evil four you. Anyone who collects acls has ran across this person. Deep deep pockets. Cost me just about 300 bucks, but I got it. Well about two weeks later another version came up. A 10 day listing. I waited and watched for those 10 long days cause I had to have it to. The only difference was a white dot in the B and W. Not gonna bid till the last second. Well w/ 3 min to go I set out on my quest. How many of ya have friends who follow you around like you're gonna do something and they're gonna miss it? I got one and he is called Carder. Like I said 3 min. So here I am in my library getting ready [I had dial up then] to pounce. Then I heard him coming "Hall what ya doing man". I'm saying "Sit down in the living room I'll be..." That's as far as I got till he stumbled his drunk ass in here kicked my phone jack,jerked my wires loose and my connection off. I'm scrambling to get hooked back up. Ok back on line w/ 17 sec. to go, remember I said I had dial up. Sold to popboltz for 125 dollars. I showed my butt. He says "Ya want me to leave?" "I did'nt want you here in the first place" I was sick. Almost wanted to e the winner and beg,but I have pride. I still might. I thought about quitting collecting after that. Uh did I tell ya about my phone line? Lightening got my phone 2 or 3 months before this. Soooo I had my phone line running from the outside up into dining room through the living room and in the library or where ever I needed it. Paula ask me countless time to fix the phone line like it should be. Of course I had'nt and I paid the price. You can bet yore butt it was fixed the next day. If ya know popboltz or ya got an xtra one of these give me a holler. That's why I have just this one

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
A page all it's own

9979B636A0B24AB2B259A4BFAD44EEDA.jpg

Attachments

• 9979B636A0B24AB2B259A4BFAD44EEDA.jpg
    9979B636A0B24AB2B259A4BFAD44EEDA.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 70

T D

Reaction score
Been lusting that one too. Yep "four you" can go real deep to get a bottle. I've bought from them a couple of times, always had good luck...

lego110

Reaction score
i have a b&w its one of the first bottles i had. my parents got it at a auction. i dont know what they payed i know it was not much. mine is different. i will have a pic posted soon.

TX Big Chief

Reaction score
I've bought quite a few bottles from "four you".Always got good bottles at fairly decent prices.Never had to bid against him/her however.The one that always beats me is"KiddCola",especially on Big Chief bottles. Also been beat by Popbotlz a few times.

T D

Reaction score
still lustin' the two legged variety too...does anyone else get zapped by "doublecola" with two or three bids with two or three seconds left?

ncbred

Reaction score
Same thing happens here when a good local embossed comes up on ebay. Me and one other guy go at it every time. His pockets are a little deeper than mine though.

lego110

Reaction score
this is my b & w. can someone tell me about it.

D471E3BFE95E482C874F0DF10AB9F822.jpg

Attachments

• D471E3BFE95E482C874F0DF10AB9F822.jpg
    D471E3BFE95E482C874F0DF10AB9F822.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 66

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Cool, none of the above was true. In fact the feller paid me take the bottle, he even paid the shipping just to get rid of it. For you Ray I'll do the same and ya aint gotta pay me a penny, just so you'll be rid of it. I know ya don't want it. I'll be expecting it soon[;)]. From 1944 is about all I can tell ya. Sweet bottle even w/ the fade.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac