mr peanut jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge about Mr. peanut jars. I have the oppurtunity to get a very large one cobalt blue. I don't know if its a real one a reproduction or antigue. Would like to talk to somebody about it

capsoda

Reaction score
They were about a foot tall and broke off at the legs very easely. Thats why you don't see them very often. My older brother had one of the jars and one of the banks when we were kids.

capsoda

Reaction score
Yea Kari it was. He kept the along with this ugly green piggy bank on the shelf in his head board. The heavy pig got broke one night when it fell on his head while sleeping in the middle of the night. Must have weighed 30lbs cause it was always full. He survived the ordeal with a goose eeg sized knot and put up a wall shelf for the banks and such. I was 9 and he was 11 then.

karis66

Reaction score
Cap ,The reason i ask was my hubby's father used to make machine's from the ground up,then after the machines were made he use to make the molds for the machine, I have the very 1st bank the rolled off.It's kind funky looking... a Big Peanut with a huge smile Kari

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky