Is this a colonial Williamsburg repro

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

geordie

Reaction score
Thats a pity I just thought it would make it a little more interesting. Gunter thanks for your time in taking an interest in my post, I am 99% resigned to the fact that it is a repro but I would still like to know its origins. The lady I purchased it from told me she bought it many years ago in a upmarket antique shop in Pennsylvania for what was at the time quite a lot of money.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
GEORDIE...Welcome to the Forum.[/align]The color, clarity ,and quality look similar to the Wmsburg repRoes,ie...Jno. Greenhow... but I'm not familiar with this one...[/align]It is "modern" , but who made ? I dunno.....[/align]

geordie

Reaction score
The Williamsburg Greenhow which is linked into my last post was made by Royal Leerdam Crystal, also known as Royal Leerdam , is the designing and glass blowing department of Dutch glassware producing factory, Glasfabriek Leerdam. The company was founded in 1765 as a manufacturer of bottles in the Dutch city of Leerdam. I am not sure whether that is their most recent that is currently sold at Colonial Williamsburg. I believe Colonial Williamsburg was founded in 1928 so they could have been making repro bottles there for some time which I guess would make them collectables in thier own right. Thanks again, Geordie.

geordie

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270294980543

geordie

Reaction score
Just trying to keep this thread alive as I've had nothing concrete come back as to the origins of this bottle. Would dearly love someone to post an exactly the same bottle or point to a manufacturer. In the meantime there is a Greenhow repro colonial Williamsburg on sale at ebay UK. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150327325698

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Is it just an illusion, or does this bottle have a huge bird swing running across it? Right behind the seal...

E6F1A4C360DF4ADD939FEEC3F8DBD591.jpg

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
I know of several seal bottles just like yours that were produced at Jamestown. We have one that just has the letter "J" and 2 stars beneath the "J" that was purchased in 1968 at the Jamestown site. The one we have was made in Jamestown, but I don't have any information on later imports. Someone should come along with some informaton on other varities. Good luck.

Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora