Is this a colonial Williamsburg repro

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

geordie

Reaction score
Not sure about the bird wire it could be a bird in the garden behind the bottle and the window pane behind the bottle but not exactly sure.

geordie

Reaction score
Yes Ive also seen them before they often pop up on ebay and they dont appear to be as good quality or as good of a copy as this particular example.

geordie

Reaction score
Still have this bottle,still researching, so any new contributions are most welcome, also just aqquired a Drakes plantation bitters bottle here in the UK, guy I purchased it from bought it from a charity shop (I think you guys in the states refer to them as thrift stores).Will post up images in a new post coming soon.

coboltmoon

Reaction score
This looks like one I had from the Jamestown Glasshouse. Mine had a seal for Joseph Frances

89E33BDAFA644EC6AE0ACDC8BD10C385.jpg

Attachments

• 89E33BDAFA644EC6AE0ACDC8BD10C385.jpg
    89E33BDAFA644EC6AE0ACDC8BD10C385.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 235

geordie

Reaction score
Yeah would agree coboltmoon it does look similar, but at the same time the one that you have posted looks exactly as it should a very good repro copy of a late 17 century wine bottle, where as the bottle I posted is a little bit cruder or not as good as a reproduction if you follow my drift. What was the age of the bottle. Thanks for your interest, Geordie.

geordie

Reaction score
The seal on the bottle is William and Marys monogram http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1jl:Royal_Monogram_of_William_and_Mary_of_Great_Britain.svg

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: geordie

Not sure about the bird wire it could be a bird in the garden behind the bottle and the window pane behind the bottle but not exactly sure.
What cyberdigger is referring to is the string of glass that goes from side to the other on the inside of the bottle, known as a birdswing.

geordie

Reaction score
Well thats a new one to me and I still aint sure what a birdswing is!
ORIGINAL: old.s.bottles

ORIGINAL: geordie

What cyberdigger is referring to is the string of glass that goes from side to the other on the inside of the bottle, known as a birdswing.

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
maybe this will help explain better...
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-135227/mpage-1/key-birdswing/tm.htm#135227

geordie

Reaction score
hold on i may be getting it, there is a large inclusion in the glass on the right hand side of the seal it is white, could it be lime?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18