Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler

RE: Is this a colonial Williamsburg repro

Thats a pity I just thought it would make it a little more interesting. Gunter thanks for your time in taking an interest in my post, I am 99% resigned to the fact that it is a repro but I would still like to know its origins. The lady I purchased it from told me she bought it many years ago in a upmarket antique shop in Pennsylvania for what was at the time quite a lot of money.

Senior Member Bottle Master

GEORDIE...Welcome to the Forum.[/align]The color, clarity ,and quality look similar to the Wmsburg repRoes,ie...Jno. Greenhow... but I'm not familiar with this one...[/align]It is "modern" , but who made ? I dunno.....[/align]

Thanks for that Whiskeyman, however I have only seen the Greenhow Williamsburg in picture and they dont come close to this one for the look of authenticity, they look the wrong shape and the colours are too modern. http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imag...enhowteal1.JPG

The colors are a little better on the Jamestown glasshouse repros...
    http://www.eparks.com/store/search.a...=Repro1Bottles
    Yours looks better though.
    I think the earlier Jamestown/Williamsburg items were nicer, not sure if they are importing them from china now or what.

The Williamsburg Greenhow which is linked into my last post was made by Royal Leerdam Crystal, also known as Royal Leerdam , is the designing and glass blowing department of Dutch glassware producing factory, Glasfabriek Leerdam. The company was founded in 1765 as a manufacturer of bottles in the Dutch city of Leerdam. I am not sure whether that is their most recent that is currently sold at Colonial Williamsburg. I believe Colonial Williamsburg was founded in 1928 so they could have been making repro bottles there for some time which I guess would make them collectables in thier own right. Thanks again, Geordie.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=270294980543

Just trying to keep this thread alive as I've had nothing concrete come back as to the origins of this bottle. Would dearly love someone to post an exactly the same bottle or point to a manufacturer. In the meantime there is a Greenhow repro colonial Williamsburg on sale at ebay UK. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=150327325698

Is it just an illusion, or does this bottle have a huge bird swing running across it? Right behind the seal...

I know of several seal bottles just like yours that were produced at Jamestown. We have one that just has the letter "J" and 2 stars beneath the "J" that was purchased in 1968 at the Jamestown site. The one we have was made in Jamestown, but I don't have any information on later imports. Someone should come along with some informaton on other varities. Good luck.

Mike

I m seeing that Charlie...Damn good eye