Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler

RE: Is this a colonial Williamsburg repro

Not sure about the bird wire it could be a bird in the garden behind the bottle and the window pane behind the bottle but not exactly sure.

Yes Ive also seen them before they often pop up on ebay and they dont appear to be as good quality or as good of a copy as this particular example.

Still have this bottle,still researching, so any new contributions are most welcome, also just aqquired a Drakes plantation bitters bottle here in the UK, guy I purchased it from bought it from a charity shop (I think you guys in the states refer to them as thrift stores).Will post up images in a new post coming soon.

Senior Member Bottle Master

This looks like one I had from the Jamestown Glasshouse. Mine had a seal for Joseph Frances

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 89E33BDAFA644EC6AE0ACDC8BD10C385.jpg  

Yeah would agree coboltmoon it does look similar, but at the same time the one that you have posted looks exactly as it should a very good repro copy of a late 17 century wine bottle, where as the bottle I posted is a little bit cruder or not as good as a reproduction if you follow my drift. What was the age of the bottle. Thanks for your interest, Geordie.

The seal on the bottle is William and Marys monogram http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1jl:Royal_Monogram_of_William_and_Mary_of_Gr eat_Britain.svg

ORIGINAL: geordie

Not sure about the bird wire it could be a bird in the garden behind the bottle and the window pane behind the bottle but not exactly sure.
    What cyberdigger is referring to is the string of glass that goes from side to the other on the inside of the bottle, known as a birdswing.

Well thats a new one to me and I still aint sure what a birdswing is!
    ORIGINAL: old.s.bottles

ORIGINAL: geordie

What cyberdigger is referring to is the string of glass that goes from side to the other on the inside of the bottle, known as a birdswing.

maybe this will help explain better...
    https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-135227/mpage-1/key-birdswing/tm.htm#135227

hold on i may be getting it, there is a large inclusion in the glass on the right hand side of the seal it is white, could it be lime?