ball mason jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wootten

Reaction score
Are the greenish jars valuable-this one has a glass lid-with a metal one underneath-inside the the underneath lid is plastic that says
GE VUl NE BOYD C AP
FOR MASON JARS
on the jar it says Ball
perfect mason
on the bottom it says 5 with a line under it-
can you help? wendy
oh- let me know if you need to see pix

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Wendy,
It's true that you'll get the best estimate of value by posting a photo. The regular Ball blue Ball Perfect Mason fruit jars are only worth a buck or two, but there are plenty of exceptions to that rule - so, the only way to be sure is to post a photo. Just FYI, the liner of that zinc lid is milk glass, not plastic and the embossing should read "Genuine Boyd Cap for Mason Jars". -Tammy

wootten

Reaction score
thanks you all-yes the underside of the metal (?) lid says GENIUINE BOYD CAP-FOR MASON JARS I will get a picture in the morning-I have been trying to get them on-I am going to get these cool books that you all have and be able to help others also-thanks-wendy
This is probably not old but I have the glass top , the metal lid with the (milk glass) insert -I guess the glass is blue but looks greenish to me-I guess it is the light-the bottom just has a 5 with a line under it -just thought it was neat-thanks again-

wootten

Reaction score
Here is the picutre of the mason jar-any ideas? thanx wendy

Ge95501.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95501.jpg
    Ge95501.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 82

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Wendy,
The pint Ball jar is from 1923-1933 (no upstroke in front of the "a" in Ball & no underline). The value is pretty nominal, $1-$2. The zinc lid with the milk glass liner is the lid that goes on this jar. The blue glass lid you'r holding in front of the zinc lid goes to a Ball Ideal (or similar) jar & not this jar at all. The current Redbook can be ordered from any of several sources online & should run you about $35.00 postpaid. Let me know if you can't find any & I'll refer you to a couple of reputable dealers. -Tammy

CRUMMYKAT

Reaction score
I have a ball pitcher that has the spout on the same side as the handle. Has anyone every seen one of these? I have seen them with the spout on the oppsite side but not the same side. Do you think it's rare a mistake? value?

tarasbottles

Reaction score
I have two mason jars that were my great grandmothers and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the value? They seem very old. Both are blue/lt green and have Ball perfest mason on the front. The smaller one has the # 15 and the larger one has the # 15 underlined. I would appreciate any help. I have pictures. Thanks

madman

Reaction score
hey wendy whats up!! yes common jar, good to here from you ! those glass lids are always found in dumps, happy hunting madman

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac