Narcotic medicine label scammer on ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
There are a lot of those McDonald laudanum labels around. They came from Reedsville, PA, which is about five minutes from where I live. The local antique stores AND Greedbay are just loaded with them. Apparently, there was a big surplus of unused labels from the company. Beware of ANY "original" labeled bottles from the McDonald Drug Co. of Reedsville, PA.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
yes, I have run across quite a few of them on an AMAZING assortment of bottle styles.

I never heard anything back from the buyer of that item. Maybe they are happy with it. If they leave the seller positive feedback I'll consider my efforts wasted[;)]
The seller bought some other labels but havent seen then list any other bottles yet. Maybe they got the hint that their scam was transparent..

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
This is an old scam, as so many of you know. I have seen NOS (new old stock) labels even on dug, stained bottles. Yes, it does diminish the hobby for all of us, I agree 100%.

Anyone recall Sir Markw (I think that is his eBay name) with the glass navel boarding weapon bottles? Last I saw him, he was selling those Persian saddle flasks as being dug in some Philly dig in the 70's, and unembossed wine bottles as some kind of Prohibition era relic.

DeaconDave

Reaction score
I dont give a pinch of donky dung what ebay thinks, You did the rite thing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac