Mississippi Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Randy,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for the news of your unearthing.

What kinda green Barg's are you speaking of? Please put up some pictures and tell us all about it.

Here's one'a Jerry / wonkapete's green Barg's
911050914_a8b66ec414.jpg
From HERE.

5696176331_efe1febe1f.jpg

Rowan

Reaction score
wish i could post pics on here but mine says its too big and cant resize to fit but its embossed with Barqs only once on it and the bottom says Biloxi ArtesianBottling Works Biloxi Miss with 35 on it ane near the bottom on the side there is the #8232

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Any embossed soda with the word Artesian, is usually early 20th century! Digger, that's a nice group of embossed soda and milk bottles, maybe a trip south is in order. I don't collect ACL bottles , but those are very cool. I like the embossed soda water with the magnolia best!!

sodapops

Reaction score
Question for you Mississippi guys. Do you know if there is a bottle (of any kind) from Mize, Miss.?

carobran

Reaction score
Ive seen you ask this a couple of times.I dont know of one but im not an expert on all Mississippi bottles.......at least not yet[;)].Ill keep an eye out at the Jackson show.Whats your interest in them?

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
I live in Saratoga Mississippi, which is just outside of Mize. There is no Mize MS bottle of any kind known to exist. Matter of fact, there is no bottle from all of Smith County known to exist.

#1twin

Reaction score
Nice to see another Biloxian on this site. The Bottling Works on the bottom of the green Barqs makes it a little more desireable.

Jerry, No Moon Glo's??? Just kidding......their pretty hard to find. Nice Barq's collection. You have a few I would like to have also. I had an offer to trade a Barq's Coke for a Hartner but I knew it was not a good trade. I also have a Cefalu with a new moon and star on the shoulder. Call me when you want to go digging. Marvin

wonkapete

Reaction score
Hey Marvin! Man, those pictures are old! Yep, I got Moon-Glos from Mobile and Biloxi. I think the Mobile Moon-Glo is a lot tougher to find than Biloxi. Yep, I have that Cefalu you speak of. That's a neat looking bottle. Find any new digging spots? I've found one in North Mobile. Nothing very old yet, but lots of throwaways from the '60s so far. When I hit the old layer, I'll call ya up.

CaptainSandune

Reaction score
I found a 1920 Jackson Mississippi Hobbleskirt coca cola bottle, but can't find much information on other Jackson coke bottles. Is there any value to it?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis