C Herman figural bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
I haven’t been around in a long while and kind of dropped off the scene with bottles. I just have had no time! Bought a new building for my business in spring, remodeled for three months and moved the business, had major flooding in our yard in the spring and had a new baby in the spring too! Summer just started and we had frost the other night!

If anyone has information that would help me with exactly what this bottle was used for and if it was known nationally before now, I would appreciate it. It is a figural pig bottle with the C Hermann makers mark. It is the only pottery piece known in Wisconsin with the Hermann maker mark that is not a crock, jug or churn. It is the only ‘bottle’ known to have the mark. Also this is one of two Hermann pottery stamps. The stamp wasn’t used past 1882.

Thanks,

Steven

EBC4FC9D4DEB4ABF9BAF83A2FF301935.jpg

Attachments

• EBC4FC9D4DEB4ABF9BAF83A2FF301935.jpg
    EBC4FC9D4DEB4ABF9BAF83A2FF301935.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 57

KentOhio

Reaction score
You kow about the Anna Pottery pigs, right?

mrbottles

Reaction score
I have been reading and looking at everything i can find. They don’t look like salt glaze at least the ones i have seen don't and this one is way more folksy. I wrote a hall of fame listing for the Wisconsin bottle site. It seems like someone in the forums always knows something you don’t expect is why i am asking.
Steven

EB476223E882423B85E6324BBFEE3C26.jpg

Attachments

• EB476223E882423B85E6324BBFEE3C26.jpg
    EB476223E882423B85E6324BBFEE3C26.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 49

capsoda

Reaction score
I can teel ya that if you don't pull that cork out you may have a pork explosion. I think they call that animal cruelty...[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Whats up Steven??? How is the little scutter and mom??? How have you and Big been??? It has been a very busy summer all around I think. The website has really grown and looks good dude. Answer all these questions and I will come up with six or eight really annoying ones for ya juss for fun.

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Cap,

Mom is doing great! We had a crazy summer with a dam nearly failing just up river from our home. A new building and move for the business and so much other stuff… We had a new little boy Beau on June 24th. He smiles more than any baby ever. I am not kidding. He is so cute he would make your heart melt to meet him. Elijah is doing spectalarily. He is so much fun. He is learning at a rate that amazes me. His vocabulary grows everyday and his hugs when I get home make anything the world can dish out worth it.

How about you? I see you are gently trying to persuade people in the whacky political pages on the bottle forum. You are a better man than me. I have no tolerance for ignorance.

I was expecting you to reign in with some bit of information on this pig that no one would have known. I have a new look just about to be built for the site. You can see it in the forum. I would love your ideas if you have any or your opinion on how it looks. The old site look is ten years old and the coding is weak.

Have you been able to get back to retirement or are the relatives still making you work? Man it has been a while. Any finds? I have a real interesting group of finds. If you email me I will tell you about it off line. It is still top secret.

Take care buddy!

Steven

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown