dug 2 Wilton Farm Dairy milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BillZ

Reaction score
I found them at a site in the woods near Baltimore. One is a pint and the other is a little 1/4 pint. The pint has a date of 1940. No date on the 1/4 but they were found pretty much next to each other so I think it is safe to assume that it is a 1940 also.
Anybody know much about the value if any?

cobaltbot

Reaction score
First off- Welcome to the forum! Most Wilton Farms are listed in the Baltimore book as common, but a couple are listed as uncommon. I think Rhona has found a few of these. Do they have the soldier figure (guard of health) embossed on them?May not have a lot of value but milks are keepers for me an especially the gills (1/4 pint) which are usually harder to find.

BillZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
Both of the milks have the soldier on them.
Here is a link to a front and back pic. You may notice a little discoloration on them but it is just because I haven't thoroughly cleaned them yet.

https://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/BillZBub68/IMG_0382.jpg

https://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/BillZBub68/IMG_0381.jpg

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi bill, welcome to the forum. sorry i didn't get to respond to your post sooner. been a really busy week. the bottle is listed in the balt. bottle book. but there is no ref. to the embossed soidier on it. someone is goning to get me a listing of md. milk bottles. i have dug a couple of 1/2 pints. i will have to follow up on this at the next balt. club meeting. maybe i can get some answers. if you every find an extra gill and want to sell it let me know. good luck finding. rhona

cracked bottle

Reaction score
Bill,

Welcome to the forum, too. Those two milks may be unlisted. The only one in the current Baltimore Bottle Book that is similar has , " Catonsville, MD." embossed before B.C.H.D.2864. Yours do not appear to have that part embossed on the bottles.

Marc

BillZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does unlisted mean that it could be rare?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac