F.W. Jessen Charleston S.C.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
This bottle is in "just dug" condition. It is a nice light aqua color. "F.W. JESSEN CHARLESTON S.C." on front. "THIS BOTTLE NOT TO SOLD" on back. No other markings. I cannot find ANY like it on any of the web-sites. It is pre 1900. It looks to be a 10oz but is not marked as such. I know it needs desperatly to be polished (it has a lot of "sick" spots). I did not want to do any restoration before I find out more about it. Thank You and Keep Digging, glopf43

diggerjeff

Reaction score
"F.W. JESSEN CHARLESTON S.C."
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+%22F.W.+JESSEN+CHARLESTON+S.C.%22+&btnG=Google+Search

try this link it might provide you with some info.

glopf43

Reaction score
Thanks digger jeff! I went to this link but alas, it was no help. I will TRY to add a photo to the post. Up 'til now I've had no luck doing this. On the front, "F.W.JESSEN" aruond the top of a stylish "J", with "CHARLESTON S.C." arond the bottom of it (the 'J'). on the back "THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD". The bottle desperatly needs to be restored but it is a nice light aqua. Any ideas of what it might have contained? Who was F.W Jessen? It seems to have seams running up two sides but it is definitly an applied top.
Well I tried to post a photo but can't get it to work!!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Try this link on the site, it may help with postiong pics..Please see Help - Using the Forum https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Uploading_a_Picture/m_4115/tm.htm

glopf43

Reaction score
Trying again to upload a picture of the "F.W.JESSEN"
It still won't work for me. I have followed all the instructions. I resized the pic, uploaded the pic and still NOTHING! I ak going to give up for now and try when I am not so tired and frustrated...

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Brian s., Thanks! That is quite kind of you offer. I went to your web site; Looking Good! I tried your e-mail link but got an error message (resource unavailible). Can you post your e-mail here or pernaps send me a personal message with it. my e-mail is ; glopf43@hotmail.com. I'm gonna try agin with the pic now...Well it said "file uploaded"...so her we go...keep those fingernails dirty, glopf43

Ec88163.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88163.jpg
    Ec88163.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 84

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi again golpf43 !
I see you got your pic up and running !
I don't know why you received an error message. I just checked it out , and my email is working fine on the forum and on my personal website(contact us link). Oh well , Who knows ? Well , anyway you got your pic up .
Brian

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey All, I finally got a photo of the F.W. Jessen up. Heres another. I have not heard from any one who knows about this bottle. Can you date this? What was it likly used for? Who was F.W. Jessen? Anybody out there wish to try taking on the polishing of this bottle?

Ig13400.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13400.jpg
    Ig13400.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 92

flasherr

Reaction score
I used to have problems uploading and posting with my firewall enabled this may be part of problem if you have a firewall. I had to disable it in order to post on board but I am noticing tonight im not having to do that any more I don't know what changed but glad it did.
Nice Bottle by the way i hope it cleans nicely for you
Brian B

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94