old saratoga whiskey bottle - unopened

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mick

Reaction score
Hi, I have an unopened bottle of Old Saratoga Whiskey. Rosskam, Gerstley and Co. out of Philadelphia were the manufacturers and I do know they went out of business in 1918. This bottle has ALL labels, cork and foil in good condition. This all the information I was able to find in my research on the internet. Could anyone offer me any help or information?

Thanks!

mick

Reaction score
Hi Brian, Yes I'll be inlisting the help of my computer literate sister to post some pics. Hopefully today.

Thanks for the response.

Mike

mick

Reaction score
You My be correct, Does Whiskey get better with this kind of age? Or does it turn into paint thinner?
This Bottle aparently spent a large portion of its life in the back of a shelf in my grandfathers basement. My mother was going to throw it away when they cleaned out the house. I knew I couldent let that happen.

Mike[sm=tongue.gif]

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hey Mick,
Whiskey will only age in the wooden barrel and will not age in glass . If you see a Whiskey that says for example 7 years old ...... it means it spent 7 years in the wooden barrel before being bottled.
Now Wine is different....It will age in the bottle and get better with time.
Brian

mick

Reaction score
Hello again,
Nice website Brian. If I find out Its not worth squat, I'll let you know how it tastes[:'(]
No mention of age that I could find.
The lable mentions the National pure food and drugs act. If I rember correctly that was enacted 1906. So between 1906 and 1918.
Clear Glass, Not a work of art.
My sis will be here to educate me on how to post a pic. this afternoon.
Does anyone know of a resource regarding rare (old) whiskey?

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Mick this is a great site for I.D.'ing bottles get us a pic and these aces will help ya. As far as that whiskey goes ya know yer Gramps would probably have loved to see you share it with a bunch of new friends...[;)]

David E

Reaction score
I have the bottle in my hands right now, it is one of my favorites
Beautiful "Sun colored". Two piece mold, seams stop approx. 1/2" below the top
Typical Saratoga, although besides the embossing on front it has a glass seal on the shoulder with the compnay name applied there also.
I posted this about 8 months ago and I beleive it was forum member "Old Dump" who found it in an old book. Guess I didn't write details down, but I paid $13.00 for it.

Dave

mick

Reaction score
Front view

Ge96701.jpg

Attachments

• Ge96701.jpg
    Ge96701.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 260

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads